Including Active Users, Events, and Member List
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 20 March 2002 :  11:56:35  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
How would I include Active Users, the Events Calender, and a Member List on the front page of my web site? Also, would my site need to be an ASP file to do this?

Oli

www.mortioli.co.uk

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 21 March 2002 :  12:07:47  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Hello?

Oli

www.mortioli.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 21 March 2002 :  12:14:35  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
In fron of all the links you need to add:
<% =strForumURL %>

and then you need to have all of the necessary include files modified like so with the change highlighted in red:

<!--#INCLUDE virtual="Forum/config.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE virtual="Forum/inc_functions.asp" -->
<!--#include file="Forum/inc_top.asp"-->

This applies to just about anything you want to work outside the /forum directory.

@tomic

http://www.skepticfriends.org
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 21 March 2002 :  12:39:38  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
How do you mean?

Say if I wanted to add inc_activeusers2.asp in a specific place on my page, i just put <!--#INCLUDE FILE="snitz/inc_activeusers2.asp"--> (just like the code in default.asp of my forum!?)

Or do you mean, I also have to include inc_top, inc_functions, and config.asp, to the page aswell...which will mean making a new inc_top due to the links etc at the top (which I don't want on the main page of my site).

This is the idea for my layout, with active users going in the table at the bottom etc.

http://www.mortioli.dingojunction.com/site_test/index.htm

This is still being designed, so ignore poor parts.

Thanks for the help...sorry for being a bit dumb with this...

Oli

www.mortioli.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 21 March 2002 :  12:46:37  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
You need to add the code to your homepage(default.asp) and don't forget the footer! If you don't want the link, image, logon etc at the top you could make a completely new inc_top.asp as I did at first like inc_top_home.asp and chop off the links and stuff. You might find it easier to start with inc_top_short.asp since that is closest to what you want.

And don't forget
<!--#INCLUDE virtual="forum/inc_footer.asp" -->
at the bottom.

@tomic

http://www.skepticfriends.org

Edited by - @tomic on 21 March 2002 12:48:14
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07