Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

suhern

186 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2002 :  07:54:54  Show Profile
quote:

yeah i have the server setup ok, if i use ASPmail on snitz, does that mess up the greeting card, even though i know my server has cdonts?

http://www.physicsforums.com

You should stick to cdont unless your files have the necessary aspmail code added which does not come with the mod.

Go to Top of Page

TAW
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2002 :  01:47:55  Show Profile
I have tested this mod and it was very easy to add my portal. Of course I did make some changes.... By the way I am using a slightly modified version known MaxWebPortal.

First off I exported the tables from your db into my db file and then renamed them:
FORUM_ECARD
FORUM_ESENT
FORUM_EMUSIC
FORUM_ECONFIG
FORUM_ECATEGORIES

I did this so it would conform to the standards of existing tables.

I pretty much did away with the greeting_cards_con2.asp file because I used the my_conn and strConnString string from config.asp in the Snitz forum in most cases you were doing an include on the config.asp anyways.

In the code, where ever I saw Conn I replaced it with my_conn. Basically something like this:

<%
'Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
'Conn.Open Conn_String
strSQL = "select * from FORUM_ECATEGORIES"
set rs = my_conn.execute (strSQL)

If you re-do your code and use the Config.asp file instead of the greeting_cards_con2.asp file, you should be able to better intergrate your mod into the Snitz version. You need to look more into the db_mod_setup.asp script and see if you can get that to work so that a user can add the tables to the db while online.

I have yet to do away with the FORUM_ECONFIG.ASP but I will let you know.

Great job the ECARD works great...... just needs a few more admin functions, etc as mentioned above.

HTH

Go to Top of Page

HarshReality

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2002 :  17:46:47  Show Profile  Visit HarshReality's Homepage  Send HarshReality an AOL message  Send HarshReality an ICQ Message  Send HarshReality a Yahoo! Message
Rescently downloaded, from the exchange, dont know if was an older code or what but for some reason the mailed cards link to retrieve is always incomplete the link itself stops at the "=" before the card # suggestions or ideas a s th where current updated or bug fixed can be aquired??

Oh what wonders await we the ****ed in exile, for in a single act of rage I have slain what little humanity I have left and all that remains is the beast....
Go to Top of Page

keston
Starting Member

Netherlands
49 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2002 :  08:54:31  Show Profile
I just installed the greeting_card_MOD, but when I try to send it it gives the following:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Could not use ''; file already in use.

/forum/greeting_cards_send.asp, line 29

Can someone help me, please

====
kezz
====
Go to Top of Page

Mandrakes
Starting Member

Benin
1 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2002 :  14:39:21  Show Profile
I hate this.. why i couldn't open any page from freeaspcode.net ?

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e07'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Syntax error converting datetime from character string.

/config/inc_top.asp, line 69

Go to Top of Page

minhluan70

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2002 :  21:48:13  Show Profile  Visit minhluan70's Homepage
First of all, I'd like to thank you the author of "Greeting Cards" MOD. This mod is great and I like it pretty much. However, I got a little problem:
Let me explain it in details:
1. I have no problem to send the sample "Cheer" card in the "BirthDay" Category to myself.
2. ...then I created a new category called "Family"; upload 2 pictures: thumnail picture goes to /imgsm and Ecard picture goes to /img.
3. When I clicked on the "preview" button, I got this error message:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'

Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'id='.

/greeting_cards_preview.asp, line 59

NOTE: I have no problem sending my newly created eCARD in the "Birthday" Category. The problem is only from the "Family" Category.

Would you please help me for this problem?
Thank you very much
http://www.vietsuns.com

Man proposes, God disposes

Edited by - minhluan70 on 05 July 2002 21:52:41
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07