Better forms for FAQ mod!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xMANIGHTx

Italy
191 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2002 :  10:09:51  Show Profile  Visit xMANIGHTx's Homepage
If you have the FAQ mod installed, here is the file that lets you admin the new FAQS, with improved form input. The original form was quite "scratchy" so I included an almost standard forum/topic/... post form.
This way you can insert smiles form Smiles MOD 3.3 in the faq too using the post buttons.
NOTE: The Smiles MOD isn't required though to install this modified admin_faq.asp file.

If you have never modified the admin_faq.file from the original MOD then feel free to copy this new one over it without problems. Enjoy...
http://www.audiopro.it/userz/manight/admin_faq.zip

Distractly yours... manight@audiopro.it

xMANIGHTx

Italy
191 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2002 :  10:13:39  Show Profile  Visit xMANIGHTx's Homepage
There is still a big issue though... the original mod lets you INSERT and UPDATE a blank Faq Question and a blank Faq answer. If anyone wants to provide a swift clientside or server side (already snitz built-in?) function it would be really appreciated...

Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2002 :  11:09:33  Show Profile
Have the Earlier FAQ Mod installed. Never really used it. What are the improvements/changes in the new one.

www.forumSquare.com - GauravBhabu - It is difficult to IMPROVE on Perfection, There is no harm in Keep Trying.
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2002 :  11:46:09  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
There are actually two FAQ mods available, one allows you to add questions/ answers to the current faq, and the other one allows you to create whole new FAQ's

Go to Top of Page

xMANIGHTx

Italy
191 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2002 :  12:24:30  Show Profile  Visit xMANIGHTx's Homepage
quote:

There are actually two FAQ mods available, one allows you to add questions/ answers to the current faq, and the other one allows you to create whole new FAQ's

This is for the one downloadable in the official snitz web site add-on page. The one that lets you add/delete your new FAQS to existing ones. What does the other mod more than this one?
http://forum.snitz.com/archive/default.asp?catid=15&cattitle=Mods+and+Add-On's
quote:

Have the Earlier FAQ Mod installed. Never really used it. What are the improvements/changes in the new one

If you have the one I mentioned above, this single file I provided is modified to have the same standard posting interface of snitz (including the possibility to add new smiles from smiles MOD and so on) and I fixed the color bug when no new FAQS have still been added.
Here's the sshot:

Go to Top of Page

xMANIGHTx

Italy
191 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2002 :  13:01:09  Show Profile  Visit xMANIGHTx's Homepage
I've seen you have MSN Message Center on your forum too! Any hint? I opened a topic here to ask info about it... but no one answered

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2002 :  04:40:30  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
check the FAQ.asp at my site, the links at the top of the FAQ point to a different file faq_template.asp this contains categorised FAQ's rather than just making yours longer and longer

Go to Top of Page

xMANIGHTx

Italy
191 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2002 :  05:47:04  Show Profile  Visit xMANIGHTx's Homepage
Nice but I guess for most specific FAQs a Forum is more "interactive"... so maybe the standard one could go as well
Infact it seems your new category FAQs are pretty empty! Hehehe
Btw I've seen you solved the events post form "date" problem. If you're willng to share it it would be really appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2002 :  09:58:27  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:

Btw I've seen you solved the events post form "date" problem. If you're willng to share it it would be really appreciated.

It's called a hack, and still may not work for you, I have re-written parts of the event code more timess than i care to remember, and each time it fixes it for some people, but breaks it for others.

Go to Top of Page

xMANIGHTx

Italy
191 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2002 :  10:39:31  Show Profile  Visit xMANIGHTx's Homepage
Obviously... too bad! I was waiting for such an "hack" from GauravBhabu. i followed all his date hints for Events MOD and whole forum and it works perfectly. The only things that remains out is the post thing... GauravBhabu give us a sign! Bwhehehe
I prefer to implement 3.3 rather than the new internationalized version.
Internazionalization is kool but I guess will not be so much important after all.
Infact even if you have your GUI in a thousand language, this want allow people form different part of the world to actually POST in foreign languages. So this is just to let you implement your forum for specific foreign countries, without having to translate the whole thing (having the lang packs availiable)

I don't have such a necessity I just need to implement in English/Italian so I guess I can translate myself (badly heheeh) for both versions.

Well this was just to say... GauravBhabu help me end up this EVENTS date problem! Hehehe Thx!

Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2002 :  13:27:58  Show Profile
The events Mod I have is almost totally rewritten and supports multiple languages. The date problems and formats are all taken care of. But It is so much integrated into my site that I will need an extensive doccumentation. Also I will need to make some modifications so it can be used as an independent Mod within the forums. Since I am running snitz version 3.2, I will rather do that when the new snitz vesrion is out. I Have few Mods already done but would go for doccumentation and release, once the newer version is out.

www.forumSquare.com - GauravBhabu - It is difficult to IMPROVE on Perfection, There is no harm in Keep Trying.
Go to Top of Page

xMANIGHTx

Italy
191 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2002 :  14:19:27  Show Profile  Visit xMANIGHTx's Homepage
Too bad I followed all your hints in the other topic (to transalte weekday and months and everything) so the only thing it's missing in my mod is that of the form... sigh...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07