New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2002 :  15:38:09  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
You'll hate this, but this MOD has been around for a long, long time and has both 216 web safe colors and another pallette with even more colors. It also displays the color next to the setting on the admin_config_colors.asp page.

You can get it at http://www.skepticfriends.org/download/color_picker_MOD.zip

I didn't create it. I just modified it when 3.3.03 came out.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2002 :  20:36:50  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
Rob, look on the left hand navigation menu. Pick "Mod Exchange"

@tomic, but it doesn't make it easy to put Gifs in the header rows, or give you color previews on config_colors.asp

Nathan Bales - Romans 15:13
---------------------------------

Snitz Exchange | Mod Resource

Edited by - Nathan on 10 January 2002 20:38:08
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2002 :  20:56:38  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Whoops missed the part about header rows. But there is a preview actually on the far right side. Whichever of these anyone uses is sure to please but Snitz should add it to the default install. Dealing with colors is too much hassle without it.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2002 :  21:01:42  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
The method I used to get the gifs in the headers is truly a hack. It relys on the HTML being fully 4.01 complient. There are a few pages that need somt "s added before it will work flawlessly.

Go to Top of Page

freddydoes

108 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2002 :  19:10:20  Show Profile
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'SetConfigValue'

/admin_config_colors.asp, line 56

Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2002 :  19:17:24  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
What version of the forum Freddy?

Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2002 :  19:48:21  Show Profile
SetConfigValue is a function in inc_functions.asp. You might be missing that function.

Her eis some discussions on this function.

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=15546

www.forumSquare.com - GauravBhabu - It is difficult to IMPROVE on Perfection, There is no harm in Keep Trying.
Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2002 :  19:54:10  Show Profile
Freddy might be using an earlier version of the forum. SetConfigValue is used in the current version of forums and won't be compatible with earlier version and should not be used with earlier version of forums. here is Link though.

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=15488

www.forumSquare.com - GauravBhabu - It is difficult to IMPROVE on Perfection, There is no harm in Keep Trying.
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2002 :  20:10:34  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
quote:

Freddy might be using an earlier version of the forum.

Or HuwR's code. I seem to remember when I first launched the ACC a usere of HuwR's custom forum had a similar problem.

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2002 :  21:00:18  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Ok... now I'm a little confuse about this... the Download page for this mod says under compatability "All Versions". Is this correct? I'm using 3.1 sr2...

(BTW, you should just use this link: http://www.ls3k.com/snitz/mods.asp?action=details&ID=15)

Rob Poretti
Sascom Marketing Group ~ Toronto
Cube-Tec Forums
vox.905.825.5373 fax.905.825.5960
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2002 :  21:39:47  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
Your right, it shouldn't say all versions.

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2002 :  23:20:28  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
I'm sorry, could someone tell me how the BASE BACKGROUND IMAGE, CATEGORY BACKGROUND IMAGE and HEADER BACKGROUND IMAGE is written to the database? I don't see corresponding entries in the FORUM_CONFIG table.

I didn't see any instructions for changing the tables.

I can't get this mod to work properly. As soon as I enter the page, I get errors on these lines:

<span id="previewPageBgImage" style="background-image: url('<%=strPageBgImage%>');" align="absmiddle">    </span>

...probably because strPageBgImage = ""

When I try to set the CATEGORY BACKGROUND IMAGE to something like"images\Skins\2nzInk_A\BGs\BG10.jpg"
and I come back to the page it is still set to none, and I keep getting the error.

Rob Poretti
Cube-Tec Forums
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2002 :  23:27:13  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
Nowhere in this mod (and as far as I know in version 3.3.03) is a style tag used. Has your forum been converted to CSS?

The values are stored in the forum_config table.

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2002 :  23:41:07  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
Ok... I fixed the error on:

<span id="previewPageBgImage" style="background-image: url('<%=strPageBgImage%>');" align="absmiddle"> </span>

Visual InterDev was sticking in some " and > symbols... f#*&@ !!!

Anyway... so when I enter a value in any of the new fields (BASE BACKGROUND IMAGE, CATEGORY BACKGROUND IMAGE and HEADER BACKGROUND IMAGE), they never come back when I re-enter the page... it always says "none".

And where do these values get written? Only in the cookie?

What is the syntax for putting this information in the field correctly? Is something like this ok? images\Skins\2nzInk_A\BGs\BG10.jpg

Rob Poretti
Cube-Tec Forums
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 18 January 2002 :  23:57:59  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
quote:

Nowhere in this mod (and as far as I know in version 3.3.03) is a style tag used. Has your forum been converted to CSS?

The values are stored in the forum_config table.

Really? I copied and pasted this from the admin_config_colors.asp page that came from this mod. I just went back to the zip file that I downloaded from http://www.ls3k.com/snitz/mods.asp?action=details&ID=15 and opened that file to double check it. Perhaps you should revisit your code?

Now I know why there are no instructions concerning the database table. You look to see if there is a an "image" value, and if there is, you append this to the "color" value and then write that to the existing table fields.... correct?

For some reason it is not writing this in my case... my database fields are not being changed. (Although it congratulates me on changing my configuration!)

Any ideas?

Rob Poretti
Cube-Tec Forums
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07