New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

smacbeth

101 Posts

Posted - 31 December 2001 :  00:10:40  Show Profile
Hi, I ran the mod setup for this, but nothing is showing in my Admin section. This uses Mod Commander? Where can i get that?

Thanks,
Sean

Go to Top of Page

smacbeth

101 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2002 :  18:31:18  Show Profile
Hi, Azaniah... please help me!

I cannot figure out how to get this to work! It's tied into Huw's Mod Commander, which I installed. I updated all the files you mentioned in the readme. When I try to turn on Birthdays to "on" in admin_menus.asp it says Congratulations, updated, but then it redirects me back and it marked "off" again.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Go to Top of Page

ru55ian

81 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2002 :  18:55:07  Show Profile  Send ru55ian an AOL message  Send ru55ian an ICQ Message  Send ru55ian a Yahoo! Message
Hey all. I see that some ppl are still working on this mod, I thought i'd add a question.
When i try to install DB entry into the database through the mod setup, this is what i get:

quote:
Snitz Forum Modifications

Concep86 Birthdays Mod

Adding new records..
INSERT INTO FORUM_MODS ADD VALUES M_BIRTH_YEAR
-2147217900 | Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The dbs file was succesfully deleted.

If there were errors please post a question in the MOD Implementation Forum at
Snitz Forums

I am using Access2000 database.
Any suggestions on how to go around that or fix it?

------------------------

We can learn from the past, but those days are gone...
We can hope for the future, but there may not be one...
------------------------
Go to Top of Page

smacbeth

101 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2002 :  19:12:33  Show Profile
here's links to 3 txtfiles:

http://www.egoplanet.org/bday/inc_profile.txt
http://www.egoplanet.org/bday/pop_profile.txt
http://www.egoplanet.org/bday/register.txt

Let me know if you need to view anything else.

Thanks,
S

Go to Top of Page

SteveZ
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2002 :  20:35:41  Show Profile
I'm having the exact same problems...

First - I manually created the entry necessary to get the Birthday mod switch to work properly. (HModConfig entry in the MODS table)

Now that that is working - the birthday doesn't show up on the calendar. Also - I didn't see any code for which the insert appears on the calendar. (The reason that one might want this is because the little birthday calendar may not be made available to all members).

Otherwise - very nice mod - I'll see what additional poking-around I can do to get it working properly.

quote:

Hi, Azaniah... please help me!

I cannot figure out how to get this to work! It's tied into Huw's Mod Commander, which I installed. I updated all the files you mentioned in the readme. When I try to turn on Birthdays to "on" in admin_menus.asp it says Congratulations, updated, but then it redirects me back and it marked "off" again.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Go to Top of Page

smacbeth

101 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2002 :  21:00:36  Show Profile
Steve, glad I'm not alone here...when you read posts that say things like "dropped right in" I figure I've done something stupid (well, that's often the case since I'm a newbie hehe).

I don't understand what you mean when you say "I manually created the entry necessary to get the Birthday mod switch to work properly. (HModConfig entry in the MODS table)"

Can you elaborate on that please? Thanks!

Sean

Go to Top of Page

SteveZ
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2002 :  21:30:21  Show Profile
quote:

Steve, glad I'm not alone here...when you read posts that say things like "dropped right in" I figure I've done something stupid (well, that's often the case since I'm a newbie hehe).

I don't understand what you mean when you say "I manually created the entry necessary to get the Birthday mod switch to work properly. (HModConfig entry in the MODS table)"

Can you elaborate on that please? Thanks!

Sean

Hey Sean - no problem - on the Access Table "FORUM_MODS" there are three columns M_Name M_Code M_Value ... (open to database with MSAccess to view it more conveniently.

For whatever bizarre reason, the write/read was failing and the forum variable intBirthday couldn't be set properly when the load_config was performed. The admin menu wasn't lieing to you. You can look at the forum variables to prove that you're not imaginging things - the intBirthday variable was getting created but it was set to "" (empty string). So I manually added the M_Name "HModEnable" / M_Code "Birthday" / M_Value "1" (the "on" setting for the Birthday mod, and it the setting was able to be properly set/reset as desired. (My previous reference to HModConfig was mistaken in my haste to post).

Don't know why though - been trying to get things fixed up so the mod will properly update the calendar (events) database as well. I'll gladly defer that to someone else if they're any closer to a resolution than I am.

With regards to the "newbie" status - It's probably just someone's good fortune for stuff like this to simply drop-in. I took the mod author's advice and did a line by line comparison of the mod against my base code. He's right - the files should not have simply "dropped in" unless the implementer was using the exact code base. There are plenty of things that will break if simply copied. So you're not experiencing "newbie" problems at all.

Hope this helps!
-Steve

Go to Top of Page

smacbeth

101 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2002 :  22:20:42  Show Profile
Thanks, Steve... That did the trick!

Go to Top of Page

smacbeth

101 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2002 :  22:31:06  Show Profile
Uh, new problem...

If I register as a new member, the dates and whatnot show up fine. However, if *as an existing member* I try to update my birthday, then nothing happens, it just says:

Born: January 1, 2002
birthstone,sign stuff

Does this mean all existing members have to be deleted and then come back and re-register? Please tell me this isn't the case...

Sean

Go to Top of Page

smacbeth

101 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2002 :  22:51:14  Show Profile
As a quick aside...

All existing members had NULL values in their Bday field. I entered a date in the appropriate format, which then showed up. However, you cannot change it. So unless I ask all members what their birthdate is, I don't know how to change this.

ANy ideas?

Thanks,
Sean

Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2002 :  23:00:52  Show Profile
smacbeth,

I am having exact same problem as you. When a person registers their b-day shows, but existing members can not add their b-day and the person who registered cannot change their b-day in their profile if they made a mistake.

I have been trying for a week now to get this fixed

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 02 January 2002 :  04:21:55  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
Locking Topic, getting very long.

Please Note,

Most of he questions in this topic shoould have been posted in the Mod Implementation forum, so if you have any problems with this mod, please post them there.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07