Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

fatum

Belgium
281 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2002 :  04:14:57  Show Profile  Visit fatum's Homepage
Did you use the "setup mod" option in the admin menu ?
It seems that the table wasn't created.

Dutch support forum | version4 beta3 Dutch testsite
Go to Top of Page

fireflypower
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2002 :  06:51:06  Show Profile
i did use that but may be it's looking table some were else becosue i don't know what file it's use and may be i need give it permision to write

does it write on my normal database were all info about forum (users,message,...) or it's have it's own database file some were may be it's just in wrong place?

Go to Top of Page

Tomer
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2002 :  16:51:21  Show Profile
I always get this problem when i'm on the review\edit avatars screen:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e37'
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'FORUM_AVATAR'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

/forums/pokemon/admin_review_avatar.asp, line 89

-----------------------------

Also i cant edit now my profile, or see anyone else's profile, before its creating more and more blank options in the avatars select box.

Can someone help me? im tired of trying fixing it..
-Tomer

Go to Top of Page

hondaxr

80 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2002 :  13:13:02  Show Profile
Da_Stimulator,

I installed your 105 avatar mod and everythfing appears to be working except that user don't have access to the now uploaded avatars. Is there something I missed?

Hondaxr
Go to Top of Page

vesse

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2002 :  06:34:15  Show Profile  Visit vesse's Homepage  Send vesse an AOL message  Send vesse an ICQ Message
There is a very simple way to get all the new avatars to show up, simply create a new asp file where you run the following SQL Command:

strSql = "UPDATE " & strTablePrefix & "AVATAR SET A_MEMBER_ID=0 WHERE A_MEMBER_ID=''"

I didn't use that one, but that one should preserve any existing avatar assignments. If you don't need to preserve avatar assignments use:

strSql = "UPDATE " & strTablePrefix & "AVATAR SET A_MEMBER_ID=0 WHERE A_MEMBER_ID<>0"

Building Web Systems for a new Generation @ http://www.vdesign-studios.com
webmaster@vdesign-studios.com
rvesse@hotmail.com
rvesse@dhtmlshock.com
Go to Top of Page

hondaxr

80 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2002 :  08:11:09  Show Profile
quote:

There is a very simple way to get all the new avatars to show up, simply create a new asp file where you run the following SQL Command:

strSql = "UPDATE " & strTablePrefix & "AVATAR SET A_MEMBER_ID=0 WHERE A_MEMBER_ID=''"

I didn't use that one, but that one should preserve any existing avatar assignments. If you don't need to preserve avatar assignments use:

strSql = "UPDATE " & strTablePrefix & "AVATAR SET A_MEMBER_ID=0 WHERE A_MEMBER_ID<>0"

rvesse@hotmail.com
rvesse@dhtmlshock.com

Thank you for your reply vesse! What do I name this file and do you know what script calls it up?

Did I miss something on the original 105 Avatar script? How was my users supposed to view and select from those avatars?

Hondaxr
Go to Top of Page

hondaxr

80 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2002 :  17:22:15  Show Profile
I thought the 105 Avatar Pack MOD was supposed to make the Avatars available to the users? If not, how do users view the additional Avatars so they can select from them? Does ANYBODY know anything about this MOD?
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2002 :  18:00:24  Show Profile
The problem is most likely with how the Avatar MOD was installed. When you use the strConnString labeled for use with Access97, DEFAULT values are not set when creating new fields in a table because the Driver that is used does not support it. The Driver used when you use one of the strConnString lines labeled for use with Access2000 does support it.

This Avatar Pack only adds info to the A_URL and A_NAME fields, so the A_MEMBER_ID field is NULL for each of the entries.

If you edit each avatar in the Review Avatar page and then choose submit, then it will update that field and the Avatars will be available to be chosen.
Go to Top of Page

hondaxr

80 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2002 :  18:23:31  Show Profile
Thank you kindly, Mr. Kinser! That was the problem. I do appreciate your response!

Hondaxr
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2002 :  19:02:42  Show Profile
you're welcome.
Go to Top of Page

purpleviolet
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2002 :  11:47:28  Show Profile  Visit purpleviolet's Homepage
Sorry if I sound really dumb here, but once I install the 105 avatars where do I actually go to look at them?

Go to Top of Page

purpleviolet
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2002 :  11:50:46  Show Profile  Visit purpleviolet's Homepage
Nevermind, a stupid question which I answered myself! Sorry!

Go to Top of Page

vesse

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2002 :  14:09:53  Show Profile  Visit vesse's Homepage  Send vesse an AOL message  Send vesse an ICQ Message
The script that will autoupate the database using the SQL strings I posted can be named anything you want. You need to include config.asp, inc_functions.asp, inc_top.asp and inc_footer.asp in the file and then within script tags define the SQL string and then run the command using my_Conn.execute(strSql).

You then simply upload the file, navigate to it using your browser by entering the relevant URL and then the page will load and the database will update. Then when your users select their avatar the new avatars shiuld appear.

rvesse@hotmail.com
rvesse@dhtmlshock.com
Go to Top of Page

Cdemon
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2002 :  17:37:32  Show Profile
I installed Richard's avatar MOD,but when I went to go to the avatar_pack.asp,this error comes up..

quote:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0409'

Unterminated string constant

/gamequest/avatar_pack.asp, line 440

response.write("<center><a href=""admin_review_avatar.asp"">Review Avatars</a></center>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

What does this mean?

Go to Top of Page

scohron
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2002 :  13:11:41  Show Profile
quote:

I installed Richard's avatar MOD,but when I went to go to the avatar_pack.asp,this error comes up..

quote:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0409'

Unterminated string constant

/gamequest/avatar_pack.asp, line 440

response.write("<center><a href=""admin_review_avatar.asp"">Review Avatars</a></center>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

What does this mean?

Yeah, I'm getting the exact same thing. Is it because I'm running 3.3.04?

Edited by - scohron on 22 May 2002 13:44:10
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07