Page: of 5

larango
Starting Member

Colombia
20 Posts

Posted - 18 March 2001 :  01:19:40  Show Profile
ADDITION to the MOD.

One more thing.

I just realiced that there is one more file that should be modified for this MOD to work.

If a member has a hidden email, it can be still show up if you use the "email poster" option in topic. If you click on a message left by a hidden email member, there is going to be a pop up window with the members email on it. There is a work around to solve this.

The following instructions pops up a window saying that the member doesn't want to receive mails from the forum.

========

Modify pop_mail.asp
At line 50: %>

Replace and add these lines:

' ####### Hide Email Mod #########
if (RS("M_HIDE_EMAIL") = 1) then
%>
<p><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>">Sorry, This user does not want to receive email from the Forum !</font><p>
<p> </p>
<%
else
' #################################
%>

=====
make sure at line 58: there is the %>

Also, change the message above to the message you feel more confortable with.
=====

At the end of the file replace the last 3 lines with:

<% end if
' ######## Hide Email Mod #######
end if
' ##############################
set rs = nothing %>
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_footer_short.asp" -->

=====

That would be all.

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  16:17:56  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
could someone please explain to a origional not blond girl that just bleached her hair how to install this?
now i got two ways of installing here and than anoter file that needed to be changed,
I mean can someone post it for me into one message in the right order from end till beginning?
please?
greetings Giapai

Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  16:27:34  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
i gave up on this mod a long time ago cause i could never get ti to function right and i'm a asp dingbat so that made it double confusing.

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  16:37:48  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
quote:

i gave up on this mod a long time ago cause i could never get ti to function right and i'm a asp dingbat so that made it double confusing.

lol well am not the kinda person to give up..
lol
am stubborn and... i think someone maybe can help me to install it ;-)

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  18:52:41  Show Profile
I had zipped up this mod for 3.1 SR2 version of the snitz forums.
If you guys give me a little time, I'll give you the SR4 version.

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  19:01:20  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
quote:

If you guys give me a little time, I'll give you the SR4 version.

you prefer a watch or a alarmclock?
thanks Davio you are the best

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  21:34:41  Show Profile
LoL Giapai.

Here's the zip file.
<link removed>

Go to Top of Page

nzsbc
Starting Member

Singapore
3 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2001 :  02:00:58  Show Profile
Hello Davio,

Got a 404 page not found error trying to download this are you happy to share this with others?

Paul

Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2001 :  02:30:59  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Here:

<link removed>

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2001 :  12:00:51  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
quote:

LoL Giapai.

Here's the zip file.
http://www.dsilvera.com/forum/mods/hide_email.zip

Thanks so much Davio I didn't get the 404 error like the other guy and downloaded it I will go install it right away lol Don't go too far i might need a little help lol
i let ya know how it went

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2001 :  12:44:41  Show Profile
Sorry about that. I was uploading it, and as it was almost finished, my internet connection was cut short. Thought it got sent tho. I re-uploaded it later on.

Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2001 :  15:14:37  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
lol now I remember why I removed this mod..cause iiI have the auto email password mod installed and when I put this one in it created an error when the user attempted to register, asking them to specify a password but with the email random password mod in it removes the password line.

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2001 :  15:23:56  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
quote:

lol now I remember why I removed this mod..cause iiI have the auto email password mod installed and when I put this one in it created an error when the user attempted to register, asking them to specify a password but with the email random password mod in it removes the password line.

any comments on this Davio?
my webserver down so i cant see if i got any errors yet but just in case you heard this before?

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2001 :  15:32:35  Show Profile
Uhhh, I have both mods running on my forum. No problems. (the difference being, I'm an asp guru while you guys are still newbies)
But just because MisterVB gets an error when he tried it, doesn't mean you are gonna get an error (crosses his fingers).
And also, both mods shouldn't interfere with each other. One is sending you a random password while the other is hiding your email address. Don't see where it would clash.

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2001 :  15:36:48  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
quote:

And also, both mods shouldn't interfere with each other. One is sending you a random password while the other is hiding your email address. Don't see where it would clash.

well
i can come up with some scenario's lol
what if it also hides email for the emailserver? so the email server has no address to send it to? [;p]
lol
sighs websamba still down
i know i know i am impatient...
but am soo much wanting to present my messageboard to the public

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07