MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Phone Directory for 3.3
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2001 :  20:51:01  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Hi folks,

This is my first attempt at a MOD and I have to tell you I have a greater appreciation of the MODS I have installed that were the work of others now!
This MOD turns the member list into a phone list that would be appropriate for a corporate intranet. Below are a couple of screenshots to give some idea of what it does. You can download it at:

http://www.skepticfriends.org/download/Phone_Directory_MOD.zip

As I said this is my first MOD so any comments, suggestions or bug reports will be greatly appreciated.

@tomic

simonduz

161 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2001 :  07:57:42  Show Profile  Visit simonduz's Homepage  Send simonduz an ICQ Message  Send simonduz a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Now if you have any Ideas how I can import a list of users and phone numbers from a Word or Excel document into the database I would be a very happy camper.
simonduz

http://easyromantic.webbhost.net -[test site]-
http://www.mygahanna.com -[new project]-
yada, yada.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2001 :  16:02:06  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
If you run your forum on an SQL server you could easily use DTS to import an excel file.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

nealclonts
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 22 August 2001 :  22:42:15  Show Profile  Visit nealclonts's Homepage
Question... I have you so many mods that have been published and I have had no problems. The only mod that I have ever wanted (yours) I cannot get to work correctly. I have installed a new version of Snitz 3.3 and then I copied the files just like you said. The Database Modification File works fine, but if someone registers or if I update a profile I only see the basic information. If I go into the Admin functions and select the new options for member profiles and then submit, it claims that the information is saved. Still there is no change. What is really weird is that if I try to turn those options off and submit the changes, they never really turn off. I can go back in and they are still selected.

Please help.

Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2001 :  00:29:28  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I am going to have to look into that tomorrow.

What version of Snitz are you using? I know there were some changes done to 3.3 after I released this. I was working with 3.3.02

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2001 :  16:12:09  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I turned off everything and the only Phone Directory option that stayed on was the Department. Phone and Fax and Cell were gone properly.

@tomic

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07