Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Anyone interested in a small members view tweak?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2001 :  19:57:09  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
http://www.nineinchnailz.com/forum/members.asp

I have received 3 emails today asking me for this, is anyone interested? it is a simple file that can replace your existing members.asp. it includes feature member, glowing moderators names (IE Only), daily post rate, and how many days since registration, last post and last visited.

Dayve

Edited by - dayve on 08 August 2001 19:57:56

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2001 :  20:30:13  Show Profile
Dayve,

Checked it out and a little bit about your site and only have a couple of questions. How do I get a hold of the code? For the Glowing, Flipping and also in your topic.asp you have at the bottom of the posts the ammount of posts, when they registered last visit and the stars!!!! These are nice mods you have added..

quote:

http://www.nineinchnailz.com/forum/members.asp

I have received 3 emails today asking me for this, is anyone interested? it is a simple file that can replace your existing members.asp. it includes feature member, glowing moderators names (IE Only), daily post rate, and how many days since registration, last post and last visited.

Dayve

Edited by - dayve on 08 August 2001 19:57:56

Regards,

Webmaster @ Classic Motor Cycling
Classic Motor Cycling
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2001 :  23:37:11  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
thanks for the feedback. here is my members.asp file

http://www.nineinchnailz.com/forum/members.txt

as for the flip, glow, marquee, additional ranking and so on, I just modified inc_funcitons.asp

http://www.nineinchnailz.com/forum/inc_functions.txt

I just took advantage of some filters that Internet Explorer allows you to use. I have all my moderators names glowing so as to easily identify who they are since our titles do not really reflect who we are. If you look in the inc_functions.asp you will find these lines:

marquee
fString = replace(fString, "<marquee>", "[m]", 1, -1, 1)
fString = replace(fString, "</marquee>", "[/m]", 1, -1, 1)

fString = doCode(fString, "[m]", "[/m]", "<marquee>", "</marquee>")

glow
fString = replace(fString, "<font face='arial' id='glow' style='width:100%;filter:glow();color:ff9900'>", "[glow]", 1, -1, 1)
fString = replace(fString, "</font id='glow'>", "[/glow]", 1, -1, 1)

fString = doCode(fString, "[glow]", "[/glow]", "<font face='arial' id='glow' style='width:100%;filter:glow();color:ff9900'>", "</font id='glow'>")

flip
fString = replace(fString, "<font face='arial' id='flip' style='filter:fliph();width:100%'>", "[flip]", 1, -1, 1)
fString = replace(fString, "</font id='flip'>", "[/flip]", 1, -1, 1)

fString = doCode(fString, "[flip]", "[/flip]", "<font face='arial' id='flip' style='filter:fliph();width:100%'>", "</font id='flip'>")

sound
fString = replace(fString, "<EMBED SRC=""","[sound]", 1, -1, 1)
fString = replace(fString, """ WIDTH=1 HEIGHT=1 HIDDEN=""true"" AUTOSTART=""true"" LOOP=""false"" volume=""100""></EMBED>","[/sound]", 1, -1, 1)

fString = doCode(fString, "[sound]","[/sound]","<EMBED SRC=""",""" WIDTH=1 HEIGHT=1 HIDDEN=""true"" AUTOSTART=""true"" LOOP=""false"" volume=""100""></EMBED>")

custom color (use hex value)
fString = replace(fString, "<font id=custom color=""#","[c=", 1, -1, 1)
fString = replace(fString, "</font id=custom>","[/c]", 1, -1, 1)
fString = replace(fString, """>","=]", 1, -1, 1)

fString = replace(fString, "[c=", "<font id=custom color=""#", 1, -1, 1)
fString = replace(fString, "[/c]", "</font id=custom>", 1, -1, 1)
fString = replace(fString, "=]", """>", 1, -1, 1)

here is a DEMO

Dayve

Edited by - dayve on 08 August 2001 23:48:39
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2001 :  23:52:31  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
oh as for my topic.asp, yeah, that I heavily modified and rearranged but the post stamping mod is something I worked on with work mule, who deserves most of the credit, I am presently trying to package this up but it is hard because as you have noticed, my topic.asp is really modified. I got the moderators names to glow in topic.asp by doing this:

<% if rs("M_LEVEL")>=2 then %>
<font style="filter:glow(color:red,strength:4); width:100%" color="orange" face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>"><b><% =ChkString(rs("M_NAME"),"display") %></a>
<% else %>
<font color="<% =strForumFontColor %>" face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>"><b><% =ChkString(rs("M_NAME"),"display") %></a>
<% end if %>

hope this helps, here is a copy of my topic.asp but it won't work for you because of the database edits but if you are comfortable with reviewing the code then you can get a jump start on how this was accomplished

http://www.nineinchnailz.com/forum/topic.txt

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

Raichelle

370 Posts

Posted - 14 August 2001 :  03:15:07  Show Profile
Ok i made buttons for mines but i don't know the code that i need to put in the inc_codes i think..

and also are we going see a shadow code?

rai -

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 14 August 2001 :  11:18:47  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I can't use shadow codes at my site because my site is already too dark but yes, I can make the code for shadow, OR you can take what I have done above and make them yourself. Are you familiar with the shadow code? The code for drop shadow is:

filter:DropShadow(color=#C0C0C0, offx=3, offy=3)

just apply your own color, and offsets. this should be easy for you to insert in the above code example to make your own...

and yes, you will have to update your inc_codes but that is not too hard to figure out if you look at the code closely, if you still find yourself stuck, just let me know...I'm just kind of busy at this very moment.

Dayve

Edited by - dayve on 14 August 2001 11:20:16
Go to Top of Page

benny

57 Posts

Posted - 14 August 2001 :  14:46:19  Show Profile
I would love to implement this mod, but i cant get it to work. it just churns out errors. would it be possible for you to install it for me. i have had no luck at all with any mods.

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 14 August 2001 :  17:02:52  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
quote:

I would love to implement this mod, but i cant get it to work. it just churns out errors. would it be possible for you to install it for me. i have had no luck at all with any mods.

which mod?? the members mod? you should be able to just copy the members.txt file I posted above and save it as members.asp.

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

benny

57 Posts

Posted - 15 August 2001 :  03:33:17  Show Profile
ok. well i tried that. and i changed a line so that it pointed to my database, but now i get this error:

Type d'erreur :
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
Nom de fichier incorrect.
/forum/members.asp, line 52

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2001 :  23:08:17  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
[shadow]yourtext[/shadow]

can be accomplished using this:

inc_functions.asp
=================

fString = replace(fString, "<font face='arial' id='shadow' style='filter:DropShadow(color=#C0C0C0, offx=2, offy=2); width:100%'>", "[shadow]", 1, -1, 1)
fString = replace(fString, "</font id='shadow'>", "[/shadow]", 1, -1, 1)

fString = doCode(fString, "[shadow]", "[/shadow]", "<font face='arial' id='shadow' style='filter:DropShadow(color=#C0C0C0, offx=2, offy=2); width:100%'>", "</font id='shadow'>")

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2001 :  23:28:52  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
oh, and here is the demo:

custom tags...click here

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

itsme_rick
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2001 :  17:54:28  Show Profile  Visit itsme_rick's Homepage  Send itsme_rick an ICQ Message
Myself as well, I am using the 3.3 release too, right out of the box, only changed a few things so far. Click on members and i get all kinds of left over code mixed in with scripting errors. All I did was rename my members.asp and add yours...any clue?

Where is that events mod i keep seeing on most of the experienced forum gurus here, downloaded a build called country mouse i think, boy the bells and whistles this one has is awsome...how is the best way to approach these mods guys, I mean keeping up with the fixes and builds are hard enough, making sure i dont over write previous fixes, just trying to be carefull, but sure would like add some of these mods. so far I got the faq mod running and setup, the moderators mod and thats it so far.

well better get busy reading more post...you guys have done some very good work, should feel proud..heck i do and i am just learning ;)

quote:

Best Regards,
Rick Parker
IT Manager
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2001 :  18:03:27  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I am not using 3.3 because I have modded my forum way too much and I am not going to start all over again which I think you guys can appreciate. murphy's law here, if it works do screw with it

From what it sounds 3.3 has some different things going on that will prevent my version of members.asp to work. Wish I had time to review the new forum but I just don't have time, so from now on I will state that any edits I make will be tested on 3.1 sr4 for Access/SQL databases... sorry

Dayve
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07