Help Learning ASP
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dscott
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2001 :  18:06:55  Show Profile
Forgive me for asking questions about Code on another Website but I found a dynamic website example on Planet-Source Code. It would seem to be a great eaxample of creating a small Dynamically driven site......problem is...it no workie!

If I didn't beleive it was only a minor problem I would'nt ask for help, and I only do it here at Snitz because I have never seen another site where the spirit of educating other members seems to be almost fanatical. (smile) Thank you for having this site to whoever runs it....and I will contribute as soon as I learn enough...I promise!

Link to file in question:

http://www.planet-source-code.com/upload/ftp/dynamic%20we231177192001.zip

Thanks!!!!

Edited by - dscott on 27 July 2001 18:23:17

dscott
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2001 :  18:30:27  Show Profile
WELL,

I was able to figure it out all by myself...I guess just hangin around the Snitz site is making me smarter! Thanks to everyone anyways...and I will be back to share anything I can!!

Go to Top of Page

stuF
Average Member

United Kingdom
561 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2001 :  19:12:40  Show Profile  Visit stuF's Homepage
would you be so kind as to telling me how you figured it out? i tired it, and couldnt discover the problem...?

Go to Top of Page

dscott
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2001 :  19:28:49  Show Profile
quote:

would you be so kind as to telling me how you figured it out? i tired it, and couldnt discover the problem...?

Sure....but remember I'm no ASP GURU! I got it to wor but am not quite sure why! Here is what I did.

1.I set the system DNS to be "intra" just as the author describes in the Readme file.

2. I set the permissions to be executables to the folder where the db file is...in my case I left it where it unzipped it to. (serverpath /testdite/)

3. I changed the default web site to be this particular directory. I'm on Win2K so I opened the Internet Services panel and set the home directory for the default web to be the one where this site unzipped(c:\inetpub\wwwroot\testsite\)

4. Still nothing..even after stopping and restarting the web services.....so

5. I rebooted my machine....

and it came up as the default web!!

Maybe you can shed some light as to what I actually did?

D---

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07