how to setup the database
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 25 July 2001 :  09:24:43  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
ok maybe someone can help me think of this. i have a table that has custoemrs info like credit card and stuff. i have another table of products i offer, example: hosting, design, which descripes each product and the price. what is a good way to link people for their hosting etc on what they need to pay each month. example....

user A
- 1 domain hosted on Unix
- 2 domains hosted on NT
- 1 deciated NT server
user B
- 1 domain on NT
- 1 monthly design fee

would it be best to just have one table and have listed in it the customerid, productorderedid. i would also like a way to type in their domain name, username, password, etc.

i hope everyone understands

Brad

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 25 July 2001 :  09:41:56  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
I would have a member table a product table and a linking table
called member_products which stored member_id and product_id and possibly price, since you may not want to chrge every cstomer the same for each product, so this will need to be stored against the link.

I would store things like domains in another link table, linked to the ID in the member_product table, so you know which IP's went with which record
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07