Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Huntress

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 08 February 2001 :  22:20:43  Show Profile  Visit Huntress's Homepage
I just installed the mod and it works great.

One thing I think would be a cool addition to this mod would be the addition of links at the top to minimize all categories and another to expand all categories. This way they don't have to wait for the page to refresh between each category switch.

Additionally... you may wish to look at how this mod acts with the category linking mod. If the cat is minimized it doesn't open the cat, and then if you try to open the cat in the cat only view, it takes you back to the default.asp. This simply tells me that the two mods should be worked together (or actually a third mod).

I would love to take a crack at that, but I don't have time... it would be my first asp development work, but since I'm a VB programmer I should be able to do it... but that takes me back to the time thing. Deadlines stink and I have a hugh project on my plate.

Thanks,

Diana

Edited by - huntress on 08 February 2001 22:26:23
Go to Top of Page

Capt_Dunzell

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  13:56:48  Show Profile  Visit Capt_Dunzell's Homepage
Okay, I pretty much goofed up something with this one.....glad its just my test board.

After I installed this mod on sr4 I get a bar above my forums that lists each forum with the words "valign=top> next to them.

Im still ignorant with code, and I have gone over is several times and havent been able to see where I goofed.

Here is what it looks like.

http://www.dunzellsden.com/forum/
Go to Top of Page

Huntress

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  14:10:18  Show Profile  Visit Huntress's Homepage
quote:

Okay, I pretty much goofed up something with this one.....glad its just my test board.

After I installed this mod on sr4 I get a bar above my forums that lists each forum with the words "valign=top> next to them.

Im still ignorant with code, and I have gone over is several times and havent been able to see where I goofed.

Here is what it looks like.

This is a problem with adding this mod with the "linked categories" mod.

change this:
 Response.Write """ valign=top><a href=""default.asp?CAT_ID=" & rs("CAT_ID") & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strCategoryFontColor & """><b>" & ChkString(rs("CAT_NAME"),"display") & "</b></font></a></td>" & vbcrlf 

to this:
 Response.Write "<a href=""default.asp?CAT_ID=" & rs("CAT_ID") & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strCategoryFontColor & """><b>" & ChkString(rs("CAT_NAME"),"display") & "</b></font></a></td>" & vbcrlf

It will look great after that! I had the same problem.

Diana

Edited by - huntress on 14 February 2001 14:14:09
Go to Top of Page

Capt_Dunzell

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  19:39:31  Show Profile  Visit Capt_Dunzell's Homepage
Thanks for the help, but I dont have the linked categories mod installed, or that line in my default.asp

Any other ideas? I reinstalled the code twice now with the same symptoms.

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  19:47:11  Show Profile
can you send me your default.asp ? I'll take a look at it and see what's up.
Go to Top of Page

Capt_Dunzell

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  19:50:18  Show Profile  Visit Capt_Dunzell's Homepage
Just sent it Richard, thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Huntress

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  23:14:51  Show Profile  Visit Huntress's Homepage
Maybe it wasn't that mod, but I had the same problem and that was how I fixed it

Go to Top of Page

Capt_Dunzell

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2001 :  00:13:39  Show Profile  Visit Capt_Dunzell's Homepage
quote:

Maybe it wasn't that mod, but I had the same problem and that was how I fixed it

I still appreciate you trying.

Got it taken care of thanks to Richard.

Go to Top of Page

kjones

Jamaica
59 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  14:47:37  Show Profile  Visit kjones's Homepage  Send kjones an ICQ Message
Is there anyway to create this mod as a seperate file and include it into the default.asp, or create it as a procedure and place it in the inc_functions.asp file, as I think this would assist "newbies" (like myself) to better implement it.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

kjones

Jamaica
59 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  15:55:49  Show Profile  Visit kjones's Homepage  Send kjones an ICQ Message
Can someone help here. I keep getting this error when I try to edit my default.asp to include the minimize category mod.

---------ERROR----------
Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0409'

Unterminated string constant

/discussions/Default.asp, line 338

Response.Write """ valign=top>
------------------------------^
----END ERROR-------

here is the link to the file:
http://discussions.s5.com/default.asp.

File won't run on this server so you will have to save it to disk, and you can e-mail me at kirrinjones@cwjamaica.com.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  16:07:44  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
KJones... this mod is included in sf2k_31sr5a5.zip (sf2k_31sr5a6 is buggy don't download it but a5 was stable)

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=4884

Reinsnitz (Mike)
><)))'>
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,..." Matthew 28:19a
Go to Top of Page

kjones

Jamaica
59 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  16:14:53  Show Profile  Visit kjones's Homepage  Send kjones an ICQ Message
Thanks,

Didn't know that 5 was out. I'll donwload it and try it.

Thank again.

Go to Top of Page

kjones

Jamaica
59 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  16:30:27  Show Profile  Visit kjones's Homepage  Send kjones an ICQ Message
Reinsnitz,

Tried to download v5, but I got an error at the URL. Could you please check it out for me and then let me know. I get this error

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

Cannot open database ''. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.

/archive/Default.asp, line 10

when I try to access this url http://forum.snitz.com/archive

Another thing is that my default.asp is currently modified with a few of the mods that I have installed and I don't think that I would want to overwrite it with the v5 default.asp.

So I would just want someone to take a look at my current default.asp and make the necessary adjustments for me.

Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  16:58:37  Show Profile
kjones, you can send me your default.asp file and I'll add it for you.

"Even when you feel you have nothing left,
You still have prayer--And that's enough."

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  18:16:07  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
5 is not out. follow the post above to get to the download. That is an "Alpha" release.

Reinsnitz (Mike)
><)))'>
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,..." Matthew 28:19a
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07