Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: MOD Implementation
 file attachament problem(no paperclip icon)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2001 :  09:23:12  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
I have checked all my files with the ones in the mod zip with Beyond compare and all is correct but the paperclip icon does`nt show. All the reqired files are in place and the upload bits uncommented

I read somewhere that there might be a problem with the uploadengine
other than that i dont know whats wrong
can any one help please.

test site is http://user.7Host.com/bonkers/

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2001 :  17:31:36  Show Profile
i guess i know what the problem is .

you uploaded the paperclip.gif somewhere in Mods, copy it in the forum directory ... because i had the same thing.. i rmemeber changing the folder of that gif file. you can check inside post.asp to see where it picks up that file.

that should be it. the paper clip icon should show.......

i just went to your site and saw the image inside cell headers... i have that MOD too but did not install it cuz i heard it is a headache installing it cuz we need to put the string in ALL of the forum files !! ? any idea to make it easier ?

Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2001 :  12:47:38  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
SalmanKhana
glad you saw this as i have read the topis between HuwR and yourself and tried lots of the advice before posting.

I am still curious why the paperclip does`nt show. It is in my forum directory.
quote:
i just went to your site and saw the image inside cell headers... i have that MOD too but did not install it cuz i heard it is a headache installing it cuz we need to put the string in ALL of the forum files !! ? any idea to make it easier ?

Best advice find simple to use software. mfindlay uses dreamweaver i mess up with this so i found and use these
1st page(freeware)http://www.evrsoft.com/ for find/replace and
Beyond compare(shareware 30 day trial) to find the Mod lines of code and copy them to my files. sorry can`t remember url. Beyond compare has been great for installing all mods. I have only 10 trial days left i may have to buy it i think its that good.
also http://www.forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12600&FORUM_ID=7&CAT_ID=5&Topic_Title=Set+this+up+last+night%2E&Forum_Title=Show%2DOff+Your+Forums

Just downloaded Tschive`s Portal Mod alpha 2 so it looks likely i will be adding some mod`s again. Hopefully i may have better luck second time around.
Catch you later.

bonkers
Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2001 :  17:21:46  Show Profile
all the best !! .. yeah i am also adding that cell header image MOD inside the portal b4 setting it up..... !!

Go to Top of Page

florya
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2001 :  20:42:58  Show Profile
Im also trying to figure out the elusive paperclip icon. Path looks good in post.asp and it is in my forum dir.

All the worlds a stage!
Go to Top of Page

florya
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2001 :  20:43:08  Show Profile
Im also trying to figure out the elusive paperclip icon. Path looks good in post.asp and it is in my forum dir.

All the worlds a stage!
Go to Top of Page

florya
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2001 :  21:31:42  Show Profile
I have it partialy figured out I hope
First we need to add a line in inc_post_button file for the paperclip icon to show. then link it to the pop_upload.asp in mods. Does this sound correct?

Alec

All the worlds a stage!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07