Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rschappn
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  03:57:18  Show Profile
Hi,
I successfully installed the events calendar, look cool and works. So far so good. Then I downloaded it and entered more events through access2000, as that is a lot faster.

Now I have a problem. When I wan to add an event through the form, it gives me an error message ("There was an error. Event not added.").
Why is that?? could somebody check that for me??

forum is under: user.7host.com/rschappn/forum

Thanks

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  05:25:39  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
hmm don't exactly know why that happened. I speculate that by manually entering it through access2000 you bypass some of the things inserted using the events form.

try re-installing it again, and try it with just the form to see if same thing happens.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  11:47:15  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Alan when I go to view a link this is what I get under it:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10'

No value given for one or more required parameters.

/forum/links_functions.asp, line 24

You can look at it here:
http://www.dcclan.net/forum

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  14:56:34  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
i think your problem was posted and along with a fix awhile back. i'm not sure of what causes the problem or recall what the fix was. I don't get the problem so couldn't replicate it to fix it.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page

rschappn
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 08 July 2001 :  08:37:42  Show Profile
quote:

hmm don't exactly know why that happened. I speculate that by manually entering it through access2000 you bypass some of the things inserted using the events form.

try re-installing it again, and try it with just the form to see if same thing happens.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource

If I reinstall, I will lose all members that signed up in the meantime, no?? Isn't it possible to modify the database through access2000 ?? Do I always have to use the forms??

Or is there a better way to reinstall??

Thanks
RPS

Go to Top of Page

rschappn
Starting Member

Germany
18 Posts

Posted - 09 July 2001 :  05:02:47  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource

If I reinstall, I will lose all members that signed up in the meantime, no?? Isn't it possible to modify the database through access2000 ?? Do I always have to use the forms??

Or is there a better way to reinstall??

Thanks
RPS

OK, I FOUND THE PROBLEM, after exchanging the database with the original one , and trying the samer thing, I got the same error.

THE TEXT FIELD IS MANDATORY... if I had known that before... when I entered the events manually, I left it empty and when I finally tried to modify them, got the error message...
thanks anyway

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07