MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Global Log in / out(for v3.1s4) with bugfix
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  02:27:02  Show Profile
notice: For those who have downloaded this, I'm sorry that I forgot to mention you need to close your db connection at the end of your page.

just put
<%
my_Conn.Close
set my_Conn = nothing
%>

at the end of your footer, if there's no one there in the page you have the login/out scripts)

(you can include a footer page on everypage containing copyright etc with this scrpits, or you can add this to every page)

download and instruction updated

Global Log in (for Snitz 2000 v3.1s4)

Feature: use snitz log in/out within the whole site. easy add to any pages outside forum directory.

A lot of people asking for this, so here it is. I don't take the credit of it, the code is all there in Snitz, and I just sort it out, with some others' code found in Snitz forum.

I don't know much about Snitz, neither do I know much about ASP coding, so there might be errors and misunderstanding of the fuction of the forum, correct me if you find one please.

If you use (a modified version of) inc_top.asp of the forum on pages outside the fourm directory, don't use the code here. You may have the function already, or you know how to do it. [;-)]

download it here.
http://hibj.51.net/global_logon_out.zip

Sorry the demo will be on a few days later. I'm changing dns and ip. You can use the files included for a quick test, just open them and change the paths, put them into your site directory and you can see it.

Edited by - bjlt on 14 July 2001 23:18:42

RDoGG™

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  15:49:57  Show Profile  Visit RDoGG™'s Homepage  Send RDoGG™ an AOL message  Send RDoGG™ a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Global Log in (for Snitz 2000 v3.1s4)

Feature: use snitz log in/out within the whole site. easy add to any pages outside forum directory.

A lot of people asking for this, so here it is. I don't take the credit of it, the code is all there in Snitz, and I just sort it out, with some others' code found in Snitz forum.

I don't know much about Snitz, neither do I know much about ASP coding, so there might be errors and misunderstanding of the fuction of the forum, correct me if you find one please.

If you use (a modified version of) inc_top.asp of the forum on pages outside the fourm directory, don't use the code here. You may have the function already, or you know how to do it. ;-)

download it here.
http://hibj.51.net/global_logon_out.zip

Sorry the demo will be on a few days later. I'm changing dns and ip. You can use the files included for a quick test, just open them and change the paths, put them into your site directory and you can see it.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! i've been waiting for someone to work on this mod for a while. you da man!!

RDoGG™
Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2001 :  00:06:25  Show Profile
you are welcome. new notice added. download will be updated in five min.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07