Login to non forum pages
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SimonT

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2001 :  14:57:00  Show Profile
I uses my Snitz forum as the back end for every thing on my web site apart from one thing. I have a few non forum web pages that that I only wont a few certian members to see.
So I set up a simple script and database so that when you access these pages it will ask you for a user name and password before you can view these pages. but this is a pain having 2 databases with 2 sets of users so it might be best to have one database (the snitz database). Would it be possible for me to add a extra field in the fourm_members table and then on these few special web pages do a check to see if they had a entry in that field ? eg if the field had a 0 in it then not to let them in if it had a 1 to let them in. Is this the best way to go about this or is there a better way of doing it ?

trakfast11
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2001 :  15:14:17  Show Profile
I'd like to know this too. We are in the proccess of making a new database, but i just realized what he said made sense. Why have another database when you can use the snitz one? I would also be interested in know what is needed to be done to make it certain pages have different restricted access. I was thinking maybe it should be restricted the same way as the file attachment mod was made. May access to certain pages or features should only be enabled/disabled in the members profile.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07