Help: MOD Implementation
 Help :: mod_avatar V2 w/admin addon
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fatwillie

Canada
79 Posts

Posted - 03 July 2001 :  23:25:17  Show Profile  Visit fatwillie's Homepage  Send fatwillie an ICQ Message
I got this error when I tried to add a new avatar from the admin section

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied

/forum/admin_add_avatar.asp, line 109

Access DB/ 3.1 SR4

Fatwillie's Forum

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2001 :  00:14:52  Show Profile
Probably something to do with the FileSystemObject

Do you have access to it on your host? I believe some hosts may allow you to use it, but restrict some functions. Maybe moving files is restricted? Might want to check with you host and see for sure.

also might be a permissions problem with the directories in question. The directory you are moving files to might not have the correct permissions?

I've never used this Add-On to the Avatar MOD myself, so not real sure.
Go to Top of Page

fatwillie

Canada
79 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2001 :  01:27:02  Show Profile  Visit fatwillie's Homepage  Send fatwillie an ICQ Message
Ah, that sheds a little ligh on the subject. Thanks Richard!

Fatwillie's Forum
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2001 :  01:50:38  Show Profile
You're welcome
Go to Top of Page

riggz
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2001 :  21:04:25  Show Profile  Visit riggz's Homepage  Send riggz an AOL message
i got this when i tried to install and setup the avatar mod.

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_AVATAR( A_ID int COUNTER NOT NULL , A_URL text (255) NULL , A_NAME text (50) NULL , A_MEMBER_ID int NULL DEFAULT 0)
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_AVATAR2( A_HSIZE int NULL , A_WSIZE int NULL , A_BORDER int NULL )
Table created succesfully

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding new records..
INSERT INTO FORUM_AVATAR2 (A_HSIZE, A_WSIZE, A_BORDER) VALUES (64, 64, 0)

Value(s) updated succesfully

Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_MEMBERS ADD COLUMN M_AVATAR_URL text (255) NULL
Column added successfully
Table(s) updated

any ideas?

Go to Top of Page

riggz
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2001 :  21:46:09  Show Profile  Visit riggz's Homepage  Send riggz an AOL message
also, after i did this i tried to use the forum and edit my profile and every time it just locks up and doesnt do anything

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2001 :  01:18:21  Show Profile
Instead of using the strConnString in config.asp that is labeled for use with Access97, try one of the ones labeled for use with Access2000. The database setup did not complete so you won't be able to use the Avatar MOD until the database is setup completely.
Go to Top of Page

riggz
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2001 :  02:09:24  Show Profile  Visit riggz's Homepage  Send riggz an AOL message
i have tried them all, and the only one that works is by using the access 97. i still get the same error when im trying to run the mod setup. =/

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.4 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07