Search Function in the Events/Calendar Mod
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bookie
Average Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2001 :  22:57:25  Show Profile  Visit Bookie's Homepage  Send Bookie an AOL message  Send Bookie a Yahoo! Message
Has anyone worked on an addition to the calendar mod where someone can perform a search on the events (probably just the title and description)?

If not, is anyone willing to do that?

I'm working on a site for my family. I want to allow others to post events in the past such as birth dates, death, marriages, etc. Ideally, members of the family would be able to search for a person's name and find all the events with his/her name in the title or description. Hence, a searchable and organized genealogy site.

It would be a pain in the butt to go back month by month searching for information on ancestors. Adding a search to the calendar would be a nice feature!

Bookie

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your home."
- George Carlin

Bookie
Average Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2001 :  23:51:39  Show Profile  Visit Bookie's Homepage  Send Bookie an AOL message  Send Bookie a Yahoo! Message
Also, I want to create another function on the events_inc.asp page that will display the last # events added. If you're wondering how that would fit, I made a copy of this file, renamed it events_inc_vert.asp, and turned it into a vertical display. The "recently added events" would be another row like the other functions.

Anyway...
how would I change this statement to select the most recent # events?

function DisplayPastEvents
strSql = "SELECT top " & intDisplay & " event_id, start_date, event_title, PRIVATE, " & strDBNTSQLName & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "EVENTS Inner JOIN " & strMemberTablePrefix & "Members ON " & strTablePrefix & "EVENTS.added_by = Forum_Members.Member_ID WHERE start_date < '" & DateToStr(date()) & "' and start_date > '" & DateToStr(DateAdd("d",-30,date())) & "' Order by start_date desc"

Thanks in advance!!

Bookie

- George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Bookie
Average Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 01 July 2001 :  23:10:15  Show Profile  Visit Bookie's Homepage  Send Bookie an AOL message  Send Bookie a Yahoo! Message
Also, any chance of coming up with a list view function added to the events.asp page? It could be sorted by date ASC or DESC and be able to page through the records if the list is pretty long.

The list wouldn't have to include anything. Maybe just the dates, title, and person who posted the event.

Bookie

- George Carlin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07