Slash 3.0 Customizing
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mdgeorge
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2001 :  23:09:51  Show Profile
I installed version 3.0 of the Slash mod last night without any difficulties. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to be able to specify the size of the output table that is created. I believe it is set at 450 pixels initially, which is slightly larger than I would like to integrate into my desired webpage. Thanks Johann for taking the time in creating this mod. It's fantastic.

animedj

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2001 :  14:52:04  Show Profile  Visit animedj's Homepage  Send animedj an ICQ Message
If you go to your templates directory you are going to be able to see the HTML code for the mod.. I separated the ASP code from the HTML code so one is able to run different custom outputs in the same page and future upgrades to the code won't mean that you would have to modify once again your code the way that you want everytime that you do an upgrade . I'm working on a new design in my page that would demo that.

And before I forget, you want to edit the pages that say "slash_h[xx]_en.htm" and just as an explanation about the file naming let's take the first file 'slash_h01_en.htm' :

slash_h01_en.htm

slash = name of the mod which this html template belongs.
h01 = the first letter (h) means is an HTML template. At the moment there can be 3 types of templates :

h = HTML
x = XML
j = Javascript

and 01 is the template number. This version can support from 01-99 so you can use 99 different templates of one type.

en = Language locale. This is to difference in what language the HTML template is done. Future language packs may be added to this mod.

And that basically is about the naming convention that I'm using with this new version of Slash.

---
Johann Reyes
http://animedj.com

Edited by - animedj on 27 June 2001 15:00:04
Go to Top of Page

z-man
Starting Member

Netherlands
41 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2001 :  10:06:23  Show Profile
I still don't know how to use this mod. Could you explain in more detail how it works? I want to have a main page with a few links to some topics in my forum. That's it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07