Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2001 :  23:07:00  Show Profile
Hey i tried installing the Polls Mod over the tshives Portal MOD. It shows weird things. i wonder why is that ? have a look

http://desihome.org/content/default.asp

is the poll mod already installed with the portal ? how do i get rid of this thing? anyone Please tell me?

tschive

Switzerland
63 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2001 :  01:56:59  Show Profile
yes, the polls are already included in the portal.
you have only to call
<!--#include file="include/inc_pollmentor.asp"--> 

where you wnt display the polls script.

hope this helps
tschive

;-)
.... und tschüss
Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2001 :  11:26:52  Show Profile
thanx dude.. i'll try it out and let u know how far it worked. .. i was just gonna put the same on ur site but just saw ur reply ova here !

lemme try removing the polll mode then.

Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2001 :  11:47:38  Show Profile
Even after removing the poll mod, i get the same weird output at http://www.desihome.org/content/ . any idea what might be wrong? or should i install it all over again?

Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2001 :  12:07:51  Show Profile
alright now i am installling portal all over again.

the next time when i will add anything to the portal, i''ll make sure i ask u tshive .

lemme know if 'Links Manager' is already in the portal? last time i installed links manager, it got installed properly but the links did not show on the main page. u know what kinda links i'm talkin bout.( names of diff. categories like computers, entertainment etc. )

after installing it how do i make it appear on the main page ( it = links manager ).

second thing : your portal is great but on ur page it is on the full page but on my page it covers only 3/4th of the page. and the rest shows that background color ( blue ) . lemme know how do we make it cover the whole page please. to strech it and make it cover the full page?

third :just a suggestion that adding a 'bullet' with all the titles in the columns would look good.

i've lots to say but i guess this is already too much... kindly reply me bout the links manager and the portal size please. I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sal

Edited by - SalmanKhana on 23 June 2001 12:25:51
Go to Top of Page

tschive

Switzerland
63 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2001 :  14:47:28  Show Profile
quote:

alright now i am installling portal all over again.

the next time when i will add anything to the portal, i''ll make sure i ask u tshive .

Good idea
quote:

lemme know if 'Links Manager' is already in the portal? last time i installed links manager, it got installed properly but the links did not show on the main page. u know what kinda links i'm talkin bout.( names of diff. categories like computers, entertainment etc. )

the portal mod is an enhancement of the links manager !!!
in the same categories you can add links, news and, coming soon, other content.
log in as admin or moderator, go to the links section (in the top menu) then you will see a submenu where you can manage the categories and add some links!!!!

quote:

after installing it how do i make it appear on the main page ( it = links manager ).

second thing : your portal is great but on ur page it is on the full page but on my page it covers only 3/4th of the page. and the rest shows that background color ( blue ) . lemme know how do we make it cover the whole page please. to strech it and make it cover the full page?

i will soon update the zip, containing the portal. i send a mail to all members of the portal.
quote:

third :just a suggestion that adding a 'bullet' with all the titles in the columns would look good.

i've lots to say but i guess this is already too much... kindly reply me bout the links manager and the portal size please. I would appreciate it.

please add your toughts in the portal forums,
you are welcome

tschive

;-)
.... und tschüss
Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2001 :  17:34:55  Show Profile
thanx for replying dude. one question remained unanswered !! how do i make the Links MAnager show on the main home portal page ? i guess i should add some links and see for myself.

let me try and i'll b back if it doesn't show on the main page

in a bit

sal.

Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2001 :  06:26:20  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
quote:

thanx for replying dude. one question remained unanswered !! how do i make the Links MAnager show on the main home portal page ? i guess i should add some links and see for myself.

let me try and i'll b back if it doesn't show on the main page

in a bit

sal.

Hi sal
just looked at your site
the topic section is corrupting the main page
just to let you know
also I have added Links manager2 MOD in my sf2k_a03_portal_mod putting an extra link to it in inc_top this gives you two links systems to play with
cheers bonkers

Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2001 :  16:59:34  Show Profile
hey bonkers,

how do i fix the corrupting topics on my page ? any idea ? help me out dude.

and whats ur website address ?

I just wanna know how do i make the links show on the main page ?? the main page is all empty right now. !

in a bit.

sal

Go to Top of Page

blackinwhite
Average Member

Turkey
657 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2001 :  20:42:47  Show Profile
you sould go to the admin section and create a poll first.

____
"I am a legal alien"
Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2001 :  20:55:32  Show Profile
alright i'll try it out now. How about the Links manager? i want the links to show on the main page . how do i do that

and Tshive. Your WebSite for Portal is not working most of the time. the Server seems to be down almost everytime i check.

Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 24 June 2001 :  21:16:43  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage

hey Sal,

[quote] how do i fix the corrupting topics on my page ? any idea ? help me out dude.[quote]

I had the same problem but i have reinstalled every thing again and the problem now has gone so I dont know how i can help.

[quote] and whats ur website address ? [quote]
If i dont break my code i will update my test site in a day or two so you can see

[quote] I just wanna know how do i make the links show on the main page ?? the main page is all empty right now. ! [quote]
Add some links more links more space on the front page is covered

later.
bonkers

Go to Top of Page

tschive

Switzerland
63 Posts

Posted - 25 June 2001 :  00:44:30  Show Profile
quote:

alright i'll try it out now. How about the Links manager? i want the links to show on the main page . how do i do that

Add some links with the "submit a resource" link in the top of the links page. then you have to rate the new links 2 or 3 times.
In this way you can fill the Most Popular Links Table at the frontpage.
If you want to display the categories of the content you must include the

<!--#include file="include/inc_links.asp"-->

somewhere in the content.asp.
And then call the
<% Call DisplayCats %> 

to display the categories.
if you want to display the toplevel links, you can call the
<% Call DisplayLinks %> 

quote:

and Tshive. Your WebSite for Portal is not working most of the time. the Server seems to be down almost everytime i check.

i know, there are some problems with 121host.net. i cant do other then email and ask to fix the problem. but ist's really disgusting.

hopr this helps

;-)
.... und tschüss
Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 25 June 2001 :  01:26:36  Show Profile
Thanks for the reply tshive.. i've a couple of more questions if u dont mind... First of all lets start with the easy things .

1. What is this 'Top 5 New Resources' thing? why and how do we use it . When I submit a resource as a member, it says this "The parameter is incorrect. "

2. The 'Most Popular Links' is very complicated to use . or maybe its not . I do not find any place to increase the Ratings and if we do not relate to any forum, the window gets corrupted. I just want normal categories and some of its contents to show on the main page. This top rating and hot click stuff is a hassle for me ( but its a very good feature if it works on my forum ). All that I found out till now is that clicking on the category takes one person to the relating forum where as the links should display list of websites !! isnt it ?

3. Click on the Home and you will see that the "The last 10 topics." window is out of the screen. I think i changed the font in admin options. Is it because of that?

Give me Your email, I'll pass you the admin password so that you can fix it if you want to please. Also kindly let me know how to I make the frame fit the whole window. It looks broken ( the image frame that covers the boundaries on the right side specially )

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Sal.

Edited by - SalmanKhana on 25 June 2001 01:37:21

Edited by - SalmanKhana on 25 June 2001 01:43:03

Edited by - SalmanKhana on 25 June 2001 01:59:06

Edited by - SalmanKhana on 25 June 2001 02:07:44
Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 25 June 2001 :  01:29:01  Show Profile
you just said "If you want to display the categories of the content you must include the
"

i would like to know what do u mean by Content? is it the Show Content MOD ? I have not installed it. I dont know what it does.

Go to Top of Page

tschive

Switzerland
63 Posts

Posted - 25 June 2001 :  15:46:52  Show Profile
1. if you add a ressource (link or news) then you have this content displayed in the top five new ressources.

2. not at all ..... here i read the hits cout of a link in the db and display the top 10.

about the incorrect parameter: are you working with an sql server?

3. this is because you have an url of the picture diplayed into the last ten topics table . in the url you have no space, so the text will be displayed in one line.

you can email me if you click on the envelope icon above this message.

quote:
i would like to know what do u mean by Content? is it the Show Content MOD ? I have not installed it. I dont know what it does.

ok, content means the data who is inserted into the database with the popup windows, when you click on submit new ressource.
content for me is the collective name for different types of output you can display: in this alpha version you can add links, news and articles.
This system let's you search every content with one query and mutch better create related content. so you can diplay adequate news in the links section and so on.

hope this helps

;-)
.... und tschüss
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07