New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2001 :  21:33:50  Show Profile
Anders I installed your Email Subscription, version 4 and also work mule's TOPIC SORTING and they both work great with one exception.

The Email Subscription encloses the TOPIC SORTING MOD in a <Form> so when I click on the "Go" button for the TOPIC SORTING, it takes me to the nothing.asp page in the Dummy Form.

Do either of you know how I may get around this as I am sure others may encounter this to. What if I was to change the
action="nothing.asp"
to
action=""

for the Email Subscription MOD

I have not tried this yet to see if both will work in conjuction with each other, I thought I would ask first. I will try it and let you both know.

Thanks
Intrepidone

Edited by - Intrepidone on 19 June 2001 21:35:07

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2001 :  22:13:57  Show Profile
Ok, I tried it with changing action="nothing.asp" to action="" in the Email Subscription MOD in Forum.asp

<%'#################### Email Subscription MOD, start added code ###################%>
<form method=post action="" name="dummyForm">
<%'################################ End added code #################################%>
and everything seems to work fine.

Anders, if you find this to be ok in changing it to action="" then you may want to update your MOD or keep it in mind for ver5

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

Anders M

Sweden
117 Posts

Posted - 20 June 2001 :  14:49:33  Show Profile  Visit Anders M's Homepage
Hi,

Changing to action="" seems like a good idea!

The reason I use a dummy form, is so that the subscription MOD shall work with Netscape. If we don't enclose the checkboxes in a form, Netscape won't show the checkboxes. In the future I might change the checkboxes to images. Then we wouldn't need the dummy form.

Anders M

Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 20 June 2001 :  14:56:01  Show Profile
Sounds good to me. (that was easy)

I haven't looked at the Email Subscription mod so I wouldn't have known the answer to this, but it looks like it's been figured out.

The Writer Community

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.46 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07