New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

David Vu
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2001 :  04:47:39  Show Profile
I'm trying to set up Aznknight's Snitz Link Manager 2 on my site using MySql and am running into the following error when running mod_dbsetup.asp:

CREATE TABLE LINKS( LINK_ID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , NAME varchar (100) NULL , URL varchar (100) NULL , KEYWORD varchar (255) NULL , DESCRIPTION varchar (255) NULL , EMAIL varchar (100) NULL , POST_DATE varchar (50) NULL , BANNER_URL varchar (100) NULL , HIT int NULL DEFAULT 0, CATEGORY int NULL , PARENT_ID int NULL , SHOW int NULL , BADLINK int NULL ,KEY LINKS_LINK_ID(LINK_ID))
-2147217911 | [TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'SHOW int NULL , BADLINK int NULL ,KEY LINKS_LINK_ID(LINK_ID))' at line 1

I've looked thru these forums and mysql documentation, but can't seem to find a workaround.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance if you can!

dv

gor
Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2001 :  05:16:28  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
Never tried installing the linkmanager on Mysql but could it be that Mysql has a problem with SHOW as fieldname since it also is a reserverd word ?
Could you try changing the fieldname to something else ?

Pierre
Join the Snitz WebRing
Go to Top of Page

David Vu
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2001 :  13:02:08  Show Profile
quote:

Never tried installing the linkmanager on Mysql but could it be that Mysql has a problem with SHOW as fieldname since it also is a reserverd word ?
Could you try changing the fieldname to something else ?

Thanks! That was the problem. mod_dbsetup.asp runs fine. Now all I have to do is tweak the mod code so that it recognizes the new field name and try it out.

____
DV
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 04 June 2001 :  14:09:53  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
hmm i didn't know show was a reserved word in mySQL. I shoulda renamed it to links_show and badlink as links_broken but i didn't program this mod from scratch so i left it as is.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07