New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2001 :  23:59:45  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
<edit> don't want you to get distracted... this portion of the problem was fixed...

Edited by - dayve on 01 June 2001 17:15:43

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2001 :  13:02:10  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
wouldn't you know it... got it working on my local server but when I uploaded it to my host and tried to upload a file I get this error:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are trying to reach cannot be retrieved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Open the www.nineinchnailz.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
You can also see a list of related sites.

Error 501/505 - Not implemented or not supported
Internet Explorer

sounds like a permissions issue. I am an Apache guy that knows how to chmod directories and files but how is this done on IIS remotely??

anything else to help would be greatly appreciated.

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 01 June 2001 :  17:14:45  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
guess I will have a conversation by myself...

anyway Dayve, you gave the correct permissions to the /uploaded folder and now when you try to upload an image you get a 404, hmmm I wonder why it can't find a file? I thought maybe the member folder did not get created so it didn't know where to save it but when you manually created the folder for the member in /uploaded and tried again it gave you the same exact error. what shall I do next???

please someone, this is getting boring talking to myself....

Dayve
Go to Top of Page

Syedur

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 01 June 2001 :  19:26:57  Show Profile  Visit Syedur's Homepage  Send Syedur an AOL message  Send Syedur an ICQ Message  Send Syedur a Yahoo! Message
Hey Dayve,
Your index page doesn't contain the information you are talking about or am I mistaking...?
Later.

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 01 June 2001 :  21:22:04  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
forum is located at http://www.nineinchnailz.com/forum

the problem is the host, it doesn't recognize any of my includes in sub-directories. I will be working with him tonight. I downloaded it to my personal server and the feature works:

http://djh.dynamic-site.net/forum

I guess I should mention I am using a combination of avatars and upload mod. I am allowing members to upload their images to my server in their profile section which then populates the avatar listing dynamically making it ready for use. it is really cool.

I'm also using a script that uses proportional images so if your image is something like 64 by 120 it will show as 64 by 120. if it is larger either way it will adjust it down proportionally, it is extremely cool. thanks to Iron Heart for helping me on this, he is a Snitz Guru and database wizard. he should make mods for snitz because he would really kick some butt..

Dayve

Edited by - dayve on 01 June 2001 21:22:38
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 02 June 2001 :  01:23:38  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
nevermind, it works, the host is having some setup problems, I got it working just fine on my server...

Dayve
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.37 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07