pop_announce.asp? =)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2001 :  19:06:52  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
Here is what I want, but I don't know how easy it is to do. On my forum at http://www.semifamous.com/gloritone/forum I have the inc_fader in conjunction with the view_announce. What I want is for someone to be able to click on the announcement as is scrolls past and pop up the whole Announcement in its own window (instead of taking them to the page with all the announcements.) Probably using openWindow2 or 3, I think, right? Most announcements are small enough to fit in that smaller window anyway... I can't imagine it being extremely hard, but I don't know for sure. Any ideas on how hard it is to do? Anybody want to do it for me?

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2001 :  19:27:52  Show Profile
The forum that Huw has for download uses exactly what you are wanting. He has the announcement popup in a window.
Go to Top of Page

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2001 :  12:50:56  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
OK... So I found some stuff from the mods he's done, but how do I get it to work with the inc_fader?

I know this is the line I want to change (or I think it is...):

AnnounceLink = strForumURL & "view_announcements.asp"

And I tried changing it to:

AnnounceLink = "javascript:openWindow3('pop_announce.asp?A_ID=" & A_ID & "')"

(I renamed his announce to pop_announce, since it is a pop-up.)

But that doesn't work. Does it have to do with the fader I'm using? Can that fader not do javascript, or what? Any ideas?

Also, since I'm new to this whole thing, how can I make sure that the A_ID is what it's supposed to be? (If I ask now, then I won't have to ask again when the fader is finally fixed...)

Go to Top of Page

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2001 :  14:01:21  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
http://www.semifamous.com/gloritone/forum/inc_fader2.txt

This a link to what I've got right now. (The content will probably change every few minutes, as I'm updating it while I sit here.)

I'm going to probably guess that I'm doing it OK, and the problem is that the fade.class that I'm using won't do javascript:openWindow like I want it to.

If anyone has any ideas as to why it's not working (if it really is a problem with what I'm doing) let me know?

Is there a fader that wil let me do pop-up windows and is as easy to configure as the one I've got?

Go to Top of Page

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  20:32:47  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
Well, I've got the announcement part of my forum almost working, but I don't like that it opens the announcements from the fader in the main window. I want it to do pop-ups, but I can't get it to work. I don't think that the applet I'm using will let me do javascript:openWindow3('pop_announce.asp?etc)

And it also needs to have the http://www.youarehere.com/andyou'reinthisfolder stuff.

so: question:
Is there anohter fader applet that lets me do almost the exact same thing, but also lets me do pop-up windows? Or maybe, is something like this possible in Flash? (Is dynamic Flash content possible, and can it do javascript pop-up windows?)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07