New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tveith
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  10:38:31  Show Profile
Hi all,

I have installed the Polls Mod twice now and the same error keeps happening. I took very special care to ensure I installed the code properly and have double checked it at least ten times now but the same error occurs. I try to go to my default.asp page and receive the following error after installing the Poll MOD. Sometimes it is an error with line 100, sometimes with line 101:

error '80020009'
Exception occurred.

/databases/test/Default.asp, line 101

Here are lines 100 and 101 from my default.asp file:

strSql = strSql & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "CATEGORY "
strSql = strSql & " WHERE " & strTablePrefix & "CATEGORY.CAT_ID = " & rsPoll("CAT_ID")

I'm using Access 2000 as my database and haven't had any problems installing any of the other mods - this one has been a troublemaker though.

Can someone help??

Thanks!

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  12:50:23  Show Profile
Ok. That error occurs because there are no polls.
Manually type in the address to the admin options. http://www.server.com/forum/admin_home.asp

Then after logging in, go to the Poll Configuration and turn "Show Featured Poll" to Off. Then submit that. The error should go away.

Go to Top of Page

tveith
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  13:09:56  Show Profile
quote:

Ok. That error occurs because there are no polls.
Manually type in the address to the admin options. http://www.server.com/forum/admin_home.asp

Then after logging in, go to the Poll Configuration and turn "Show Featured Poll" to Off. Then submit that. The error should go away.

Thanks Davio, that seems to have resolved the issue! I should have tried that but I couldn't get back to the darn forums to add a poll!

Go to Top of Page

tveith
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  13:25:56  Show Profile
Oops, shouldn't have spoken so quickly.

1)When I try to edit a poll, I receive the following error:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

/databases/test/post.asp, line 357

2) The author of the poll is showing the same name as the topic of the poll. The "Replies" column shows the name "Admin" rather then actual number of replies. Last post shows the number of replies. Everything seems pushed over by one column.

3)Should the option be available to "Reply" or "Reply with Quote" for a poll? These options are available, and when selected, I receive the error:

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

Here is line 357 of my post.asp page:

txtSub1 = trim(rs("answer1"))

Edited by - tveith on 29 May 2001 13:52:30

Edited by - tveith on 29 May 2001 15:00:17
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  17:02:55  Show Profile
quote:

It sounds like you didn't add all the code to the post.asp page. A few lines before that, you should have an SQL SELECT statement. It's right before the my_Conn.Execute (strSql) code. It starts something like strSql = "SELECT " & etc. etc. In that line you should have this database field "TOPICS.answer1, ", along with "answer2", "answer3", answer4" and so on.

If you don't understand what I just said, post a txt version of your post.asp file and I'll look at it.

For your second problem, that sounds really wierd. Can you give me a link to your forum so i can see it?

To the third problem, yes, Reply and Reply with Quote should be there. You can leave comments about a certain poll if the users want. See the response to your first question about that error you are getting.

Go to Top of Page

tveith
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  17:06:15  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

It sounds like you didn't add all the code to the post.asp page. A few lines before that, you should have an SQL SELECT statement. It's right before the my_Conn.Execute (strSql) code. It starts something like strSql = "SELECT " & etc. etc. In that line you should have this database field "TOPICS.answer1, ", along with "answer2", "answer3", answer4" and so on.

If you don't understand what I just said, post a txt version of your post.asp file and I'll look at it.

For your second problem, that sounds really wierd. Can you give me a link to your forum so i can see it?

To the third problem, yes, Reply and Reply with Quote should be there. You can leave comments about a certain poll if the users want. See the response to your first question about that error you are getting.

Well, I fixed the errors on my own by doing some editing. I had left a few garbage lines in the topic and post files. This seemed to fix the errors with editing and now my posts are showing the proper authors etc. This is an excellent Mod (just kinda difficult to get working) - Thanks again for your help - you guys are terrific!

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  17:25:41  Show Profile
Glad you got it working.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07