Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Code Support: ASP.NET (Non-Forum Related)
 ASP.NET Conversion
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20582 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2007 :  03:51:13  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Wholsea

Any update on when we may see Snitz.NET?

It's coming soon I promise, I am currently working out a few glitches with membership/registration so that I can get it working how I want it and then will do a little more with the forum admin stuff. It should then be ready for a beta release.

Unlike Apple I won't make any bogus claims as to its speed or security status other than to say that under NO circumstances is the code to be used in a live/production environment, it will still be some way from RC status and as such you will NOT be permitted to use it for public access.

Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2007 :  09:12:22  Show Profile
Originall posted by dcohn
quote:
Respect is just friggin gone these days. HuwR has semi retired next to his name. I for one prefer he hangs around a bit longer. Ya treat people nice and they will always be more apt to return the treatment.

I would love to see Snitz get a new lease on Life.

I'll second that!

Good luck with your work HuwR. I hope all goes well!

Have a great day!
Terry

Edited by - campinmom03 on 13 June 2007 09:13:03
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20582 Posts

Posted - 14 June 2007 :  07:42:10  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
the test site is currently available if anyone has not yet looked at it, plus it could also do with another round of testing as I have changed some of the core code (url filterring especially) so may have broken stuff

Unfortunately if you are a recent member here you will not have an account on the test site as the db is a few months old, however I will be opening registration for testing in the next couple of days, so keep an eye on this topic for an announcement.

test site can be found at http://snitz.reddiweb.com

please test as much of it as you can (DO NOT report errors with the skins, ONLY the DOtNet theme is currently fully functional, the others are just for illustration purposes)
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2007 :  23:46:00  Show Profile
Looks great HuwR! I'll Keep an eye out for the announcement.

Have a great day!
Terry
Go to Top of Page

sadra
Starting Member

Iran
30 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2007 :  04:13:38  Show Profile  Send sadra a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by HuwR

the test site is currently available if anyone has not yet looked at it, plus it could also do with another round of testing as I have changed some of the core code (url filterring especially) so may have broken stuff

Unfortunately if you are a recent member here you will not have an account on the test site as the db is a few months old, however I will be opening registration for testing in the next couple of days, so keep an eye on this topic for an announcement.

test site can be found at http://snitz.reddiweb.com

please test as much of it as you can (DO NOT report errors with the skins, ONLY the DOtNet theme is currently fully functional, the others are just for illustration purposes)

Hi this ver baised on C# Programming? or VB.NET

[red]how soon is too late[/red]
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20582 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2007 :  04:26:31  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
C#
Go to Top of Page

sadra
Starting Member

Iran
30 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2007 :  04:54:59  Show Profile  Send sadra a Yahoo! Message
When I try to sign in, this error occurred:
and i can't insert this error in "DEV Bug Reports (Open)" Forum

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlNullValueException: Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.

Source Error:

Line 498: lastLoginDate = Formatting.StringToDateTime(reader.GetString(6));
Line 499:
Line 500: MembershipUser u = new MembershipUser("SnitzMembershipProvider",
Line 501: username,
Line 502: null,

Source File: w:\huw\Snitz\App_Code\SnitzMembershipProvider.cs Line: 500

Stack Trace:

[SqlNullValueException: Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBuffer.get_String() +80
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetString(Int32 i) +39
SnitzMembershipProvider.GetUserFromReader(SqlDataReader reader) in w:\huw\Snitz\App_Code\SnitzMembershipProvider.cs:500
SnitzMembershipProvider.GetUser(String username, Boolean userIsOnline) in w:\huw\Snitz\App_Code\SnitzMembershipProvider.cs:296
System.Web.Security.Membership.GetUser(String username, Boolean userIsOnline) +81
ASP.master_templates_mainmaster_master.Page_Load() in w:\huw\Snitz\Master_Templates\MainMaster.master:147
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.ArglessFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o) +5
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +784015
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20582 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2007 :  05:12:14  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
sadra, could you email me your password so that I can attempt to log in as you to trace what is going on.
could you also tell me what page you were on when you tried to sign in
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20582 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2007 :  05:17:47  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
Ignore last post, I think I found the problem, could you try logging back in now.
Go to Top of Page

sadra
Starting Member

Iran
30 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2007 :  05:44:08  Show Profile  Send sadra a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by HuwR

Ignore last post, I think I found the problem, could you try logging back in now.

Oh! Thanx
It is OK!
& Fixed

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20582 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2007 :  18:14:45  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
Registration has now been enabled on the test site.

http://snitz.reddiweb.com/register.aspx
Go to Top of Page

JJenson
Advanced Member

USA
2121 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2007 :  20:09:11  Show Profile  Visit JJenson's Homepage
Huw do you want anyone to try out different things with the registration or only people who are not already a member there?
Go to Top of Page

campinmom03

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2007 :  21:36:17  Show Profile
HuwR,

Just thought you would like to know... I tried to register. I was near the end with filling out username and email address, clicked create user and got this:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Source Error:

Line 182:
Line 183: p.Bio.RealName = fullname[0];
Line 184: p.Bio.SecondName = fullname[1];
Line 185: p.Location.City = ((TextBox)CreateUserWizard1.WizardSteps[1].FindControl("city")).Text;
Line 186: p.Location.State = ((TextBox)CreateUserWizard1.WizardSteps[1].FindControl("state")).Text;

Source File: w:\huw\Snitz\register.aspx.cs Line: 184

Stack Trace:

[IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.]
CreateNewWizard.CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(Object sender, EventArgs e) in w:\huw\Snitz\register.aspx.cs:184
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnCreatedUser(EventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() +341
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +453
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +149
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +17
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +163
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

When you get the chance, let me know when I can try to register again.

PS) Also, after receiving the error, I went back to your main page here:

http://snitz.reddiweb.com/default.aspx

at the very bottom it shows me as your newest member? Even though I received that error, it appears that I was added as a member anyway. Is it supposed to be like that?

Have a great day!
Terry

Edited by - campinmom03 on 18 June 2007 22:03:57
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20582 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  03:34:53  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:
at the very bottom it shows me as your newest member? Even though I received that error, it appears that I was added as a member anyway. Is it supposed to be like that?

Yes it is supposed to work like that, it failed when adding stuff to your profile, but the membership is already created at that point. Did you recieve an email ?
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20582 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2007 :  03:50:21  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by JJenson

Huw do you want anyone to try out different things with the registration or only people who are not already a member there?

Anyone can try it (as long as you have an email address you can use
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07