New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Cheeco Chongo
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2022 :  15:51:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some may find this old news but I ran Snitz Forum back in the year 2000 and I used MS Access database and Windows server 2000. I have download the new version (SnitzMVC_2.0.0.0) and I am wondering can I still use the MS Access database and Windows server or do I have to use MySQL. In the Install_1_1 pdf I do not se anything about using an MS Access database or Windows server. Are they no longer supported? Thanks

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2022 :  13:29:19  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No you can't use MS Access with SnitzMVC_2.0.0.0 you can use MS SQL or MySQL

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

Cheeco Chongo
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2022 :  00:50:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that info HuwR
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2022 :  21:44:25  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some of us still use the original version of Snitz.
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2022 :  12:40:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, and some of us are using a version that's barely recognizable as originally Snitz. How're things Ety?
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2022 :  04:51:24  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carefree

Yep, and some of us are using a version that's barely recognizable as originally Snitz. How're things Ety?

Sorry, Carefree!

I did not see your question until now. My son tripped me over to a Linux/Debian OS, and subsequently set my harddrive to the side that has my Windows/Snitz stuff on it. Argh!

I am doing pretty good, actually! How about yourself?
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2022 :  07:10:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Etymon
Sorry, Carefree!

I did not see your question until now. My son tripped me over to a Linux/Debian OS, and subsequently set my harddrive to the side that has my Windows/Snitz stuff on it. Argh!

I am doing pretty good, actually! How about yourself?

Still alive, sometimes kicking (when the doctors prod the wrong spots). Getting the occasional chance to spoil other people's small children before returning them to their parents ... it's known as "grandparents' revenge".
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2022 :  02:33:53  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
... before returning them to their parents ... it's known as "grandparents' revenge".

Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07