Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Still loving Snitz!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2020 :  01:40:17  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys!

I never went the .net route, not yet, anyway.

I did try .core, and that was a learning curve. I looked at NopCommerce. It was pretty heavy in a lot of ways, for me, probably not for others.

Maybe, someday, maybe I'll go the dot route, but for now I am still really enjoying my vanilla Snitz! I love it!

Currently, I am working on two websites ... both are for me. One is personal. The other is for business. I'm injecting the forum code into two different bootstrap free templates.

It's all good and fun. I just really like the ease of the forum code. It is so rewarding especially for my small sites.

Thanks again Huw, Ruirib, and everyone else for keeping this project alive! It is so helpful to keep the older minds sharp.

I've even converted my 20 year old Magna Cum Laude Computer Graphics and Programming son to host his own Snits forum.

In all seriousness though. I have no regrets at all for making Snitz my go to forum software for going on 20 years now. It has been such a good addition to my life.

Thank you!

Edited by - Etymon on 21 May 2020 01:41:52

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2020 :  05:48:28  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are most welcome Etymon, I have enjoyed porting the classic version to .Net, currently spending my furloughed time improving it and getting ready for a new release.

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2020 :  18:00:12  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Same here, Etymon! I used to use the old WWWBoard, but somewhere around 2000, or so, I switched web hosts and they recommended Snitz. I tried it and never looked back. I check in on the Snitz .Net forum but am too scared to attempt conversion with my heavily modded forum. Facebook and other social media have pretty much killed it anyway.

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2020 :  10:12:08  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote] too scared to attempt conversion with my heavily modded forum[/quote]

.Net version now contains most mods that are available on SnitzBitz, although yes an upgrade could be problematic. How large is your database? If you are able to send me a backup I can test upgrading it if you want, may also be helpful to see what becomes a problem at least

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07