Snitz MVC and Microsoft Edge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2018 :  20:18:48  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This has been an issue for a while now. I kept ignoring it thinking either Microsoft or Snitz would soon find a fix. Not a major issue, but an issue nonetheless.

Concerns the Active Topics page and the Edge browser. Pretty sure it doesn't exist with other browsers. I log in to Snitz just about every day to see if anything new or important has been announced. On the Active Topics page, I gave it set to show active topics since my last visit. I also choose reload page after 5 minutes [an old habit I developed in the days when I was modding my forum all the time & waiting patiently for someone to respond to my latest crisis ]. However, those settings have stopped being "remembered" of late. Every day, when I log in, I see active topics "since September 9th, 2018" and "never refresh". I reset them every day but they never stick

Just letting you know that this problem exists.

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 30 October 2018 :  10:17:42  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, known issue here, currently finishing off the next release which will fix the problem.

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 30 October 2018 :  20:45:47  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, it is now showing my last visit as 10/29/2018, which is correct. Still reverting to "don't reload automatically," though. I'll see tommorrow if it still shows my last visit correctly.

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2018 :  09:29:02  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
try clearing cookies, you can do that if you view your profile (not edit) there is a 'clear' option on the cookie tab

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2018 :  09:33:03  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's odd, still not working here?? not sure why as these values are stored in your cookie. Working OK on the dev forum.

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2018 :  09:53:05  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If clearing cookies doesn't work first time, try again, then close browser, wait a few minutes and then re-open browser and log in to forum, that worked for me (so far)

Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2018 :  19:44:32  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No go. Followed those instructions and now it's back to showing last visit as September 9th.
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2018 :  09:32:27  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
same problem for me on my laptop, seems IE not deleting the cookies??

Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2018 :  20:20:12  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Today it is back to normal on the "last visit," but it still will not let me change the reload page fequency. Even within the same session, it will revert to "never" every time.
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 02 November 2018 :  10:37:41  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I eventually resorted to removing my cookies using IE's settings that seems to have fixed it for me now, seems to be behaving ok, but IE11's cookie handling seems to be quite a bit iffy these days

Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2018 :  20:26:07  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seems to be working properly with MS Edge as of today.

Rich
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 09 November 2018 :  09:21:07  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[)8]

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07