New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pierretopping

United Kingdom
224 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2018 :  18:56:04  Show Profile  Visit pierretopping's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Top man :-)

Will download and play, will it work with my existing Snitz Verizon, or will it only with with vanilla installs ?

Thanks agin,
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2018 :  00:24:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a file titled "admin_migrate.asp" which will extract the majority of tables/records from your current database and copy them into the modular one. I wrote it for Access databases, may need a SQL expert to change it for those using MS SQL. Download the newest version, though. Have another 30-40 people testing and we have found and fixed a few more bugs.
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2018 :  00:50:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Among other new things, I got the crossword puzzles and word search games fixed. If you get the puzzles, modify your "web.config" file (under the system.webServer group, add the following):

<staticContent> 
            <mimeMap fileExtension=".crossword" mimeType="application/octet-stream" />
            <mimeMap fileExtension=".wordsearch" mimeType="application/octet-stream" />
        </staticContent>

Altogether, there are some 200,000 + lines of code in 800 + programs. The required forum.rar file has been reduced to appx 135 MB. The bug finders haven't found anything new for a while now, so here's my fingers crossed hoping they're done. I'm getting old, people, my vision is failing and my memory is already a thing of history; so I'm not sure I'll be able to continue development much longer (even if I don't have any more strokes). I hope some of you download this and (if nothing else) play with it. Maybe there will be some who appreciate the effort put into it.

Edited by - Carefree on 26 November 2018 01:04:29
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2018 :  19:06:39  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do appreciate ALL of your fine work, I just don't have the courage to try this out. The main thing, though, is I hope that you start feeling better. God bless you.
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2018 :  23:52:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I have children around me every day, so at least I get to FEEL younger; even if my body doesn't fall for it. LOL
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2019 :  00:48:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll have to find a new hosting site for these files soon, Google Plus is going the way of the buffalo.
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2019 :  17:25:52  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heard about that.

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2019 :  23:53:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the hosting sites are mostly very slow and/or very confusing. Even those with "premium" memberships seem designed to frustrate users. So I ended up using Microsoft's "OneDrive". Here's a link to get the current release. Again, only the "forum.rar" file is absolutely necessary to run it. The rest pertain to optional modules.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07