New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 01 August 2009 :  05:26:35  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
There is a security related bug fix with pop_profile.asp. The issue is serious enough to compromise the security of a board. It affects version 3.4.07 only, since previous versions don't use the code with the security problem,

Lines #1162-1195,

Else
			'Comment out down to the next comment to let it take me@example.com and/or .ex as well
			'strsql = "SELECT SPAM_SERVER FROM " & strTablePrefix & "SPAM_MAIL WHERE SPAM_SERVER = '" & chkString(Request.Form("Email"),"sqlstring") & "'"
			'set rsSpam = my_Conn.Execute (strsql)

'If Not rsSpam.EOF Then
			'	Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You cannot register with '" & chkString(Request.Form("Email"),"sqlstring") & "'.</li>"
			'End If 

'Dim strMailTLD : strMailTLD = LCase(Mid(Request.Form("Email"),InStrRev(Request.Form("Email"),".")))

'strsql = "SELECT SPAM_SERVER FROM " & strTablePrefix & "SPAM_MAIL WHERE SPAM_SERVER = '" & strMailTLD & "'"
			'set rsSpam = my_Conn.Execute (strsql)

'If Not rsSpam.EOF Then
			'	Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You cannot register with a '" & strMailTLD & "' email address.</li>"
			'End If 
			'Comment out up to the previous comment to let it take me@example.com and/or .ex as well

strMailDomain = LCase(Mid(Request.Form("Email"),InStrRev(Request.Form("Email"),"@")))

strsql = "SELECT SPAM_SERVER FROM " & strTablePrefix & "SPAM_MAIL WHERE SPAM_SERVER = '" & strMailDomain & "'"
			set rsSpam = my_Conn.Execute (strsql)

If Not rsSpam.EOF Then
				Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You cannot register with an '" & strMailDomain & "' email address.</li>"
			End If 

rsSpam.close
			Set rsSpam = Nothing
		end if
		if EmailField(Request.Form("Email")) = 0 then 
			Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You Must enter a valid e-mail address</li>"
		end if

should be replaced by

else

if EmailField(Request.Form("Email")) = 0 then 
				Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You Must enter a valid e-mail address</li>"
		    else

strMailDomain = LCase(Mid(Request.Form("Email"),InStrRev(Request.Form("Email"),"@")))

strsql = "SELECT SPAM_SERVER FROM " & strTablePrefix & "SPAM_MAIL WHERE SPAM_SERVER = '" & strMailDomain & "'"
				set rsSpam = my_Conn.Execute (strsql)

If Not rsSpam.EOF Then
					Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You cannot register with an '" & strMailDomain & "' email address.</li>"
				End If 

rsSpam.close
				Set rsSpam = Nothing
		    end if	
		 end if

Any questions, please post on the General Help forum.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 01 August 2009 :  05:30:48  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Same replacement needs to be done for original lines# 1497-1530 (numbers after the first replacement), a bit below on the file, where the same code is used.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07