Page: of 2

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2007 :  03:54:33  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Max0005

Good, .NET Snitz is open again. HuwR, can you please send me again the translation files? I found I had done some errors due to not knowing exactly where things would have gone. A look at the product and I understood how to correct them.

can you drop me a quick email and I will resend them. I have just moved to a new desktp machine and haven't transferred all my mail files across yet, so would be easier if you email me
Go to Top of Page

gchq
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2007 :  13:07:20  Show Profile
quote:
Idea - how about a serverside webmethod to serialize each of the tables (it'll be to XML returned by the webmethod) to the browser so they can be saved as XML on the client.

I've had very little experience with XML Data, other than with creating Adobe (LiveCycle) forms (and even that had to be tipped back on it's head with a return to APToolkit I used in ASP with the .NET variant APToolkitNET)!

But it does sound like the best way to go! Have you any idea how PHPBB manage this? I do somewhere have a copy of NuSphere PhpEd so I could have a look see - but I do suspect this could also be a MySQL thing rather that generic SQL....
Go to Top of Page

pdrg
Support Moderator

United Kingdom
2897 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2007 :  15:34:32  Show Profile  Send pdrg a Yahoo! Message
I have no idea what they're doing over at phpBB - would be interesting to know, they have some good ideas :-)

This way, I was thinking, would save having any privs issues, but frankly I don't have the ASP.NET implementation skills, nor the computer setup, nor the time to make it happen right now. Maybe as a retrofit to the .NET forum software once it's in the wild, and once I can crib source code to bungle it all together ;-)

If anyone else wants to take a crack at it, be my guest :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07