Help: General / Current Version (Old)
 Photo File Error message
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

jclay
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 11 February 2014 :  22:00:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tying to help members place photos in their albums. I know that you can not upload images in MAC format, but have always been able to load from PC.

Many members get this error message:
"Invalid character or bad word in any of the text fields. Please correct and try again."

I have looked every where on this forum and can not find out which characters are considered invalid.

Can you help me with this issue?

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2014 :  01:06:55  Show Profile
Which mod did you install? The best "uneducated" guess is that the files have spaces in their names. Some mods don't give detailed error messages, should have identified which character(s) was/were being rejected.

Edited by - Carefree on 12 February 2014 01:08:01
Go to Top of Page

jclay
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2014 :  08:36:16  Show Profile
I didn't install any mods, PO did. There are no spaces in the file names, first thing I looked for!
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2014 :  18:28:46  Show Profile
OK - I've identified the mod, it's the "File Lister". The error message is being generated based upon the errnum value of a querystring; however, none of the files in this mod generate that querystring. The only place I can find allowed characters is in "inc_file_lister_functions.asp", look at line 306.

good_chars =" ._-':/\!@#$%abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789"
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07