Suggestions: MOD-Group
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2004 :  16:14:02  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
There are a few things I would like to see changed in the Snitz MOD-Group.

First of all, there are always popping up topics containing help requests, questions or similar topics in the MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code) that don't belong to this forum (If you have developed a Modification to Snitz Forums 2000, Then this is the place to post your code).
Examples:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=55554
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=55550

One of the moderators should take a look at the forum and move those topics at a regular basis to the correct forum.

Topics in the MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code) are getting archived too fast. As a MOD author myself it's a pain to update a MOD and release a new version and you find the original topic has already been archived. It's also harder for new users to find MODs because they hardly look in the archives.
Also, the last 4 topics (the content has been removed by the MOD author) should be moved to the archives or deleted.

The MOD Completed Add-Ons. It's not used by MOD authors, contains either outdated MODs or a dead download link and cause confusion (example). Not sure how to solve this though. I think it's not used by MOD authors because MODs are getting updated constantly and with a MOD posted in this forum you'd have to contact a moderator/admin to have the listing updated (would be a possible solution though having one moderator taking care of this).

That's all for now, I thought there was one more issue I wanted to post about, but I can't remember.
Anyway, let me know what you think.

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2004 :  16:28:47  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
I agree on 1

2 - When mods get old, they get archived. If your releasing a newer version, chances are you want to start a new topic to debug that version only, not the entire history of your mod. That way people arent sifting through 15 pages of old information just to get to the updated part.

3 - I agree this could be updated

-Stim
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2004 :  14:58:42  Show Profile
2. How long do you think we should wait before archiving topics in the MOD W/Code forum?

Support Snitz Forums

Edited by - Davio on 14 November 2004 14:58:58
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2004 :  15:04:12  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
I'd say either 9 or 12 months.
Also, I think it would help if a link to the MOD W/Code Archive is added to the forum's description to make it easier for new users to find MODs.

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz

Edited by - OneWayMule on 14 November 2004 15:06:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07