Help: Database: MS SQL Server
 Exporting MS SQL Database
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2013 :  22:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Could someone possibly post instructions on how to export a MS SQL database using ASP.Net Enterprise Manager via the web with no access to a Control Panel? Or, obviously, a link to a website with instructions would work just as well. I just can't seem to find anything pertaining to the ASP.Net Enterprise Manager.

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." - John Wesley

Edited by - MaGraham on 12 March 2013 11:00:43

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2013 :  13:59:30  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
you can't actually export an MS SQL database as such, you can transfer the content from one database to another but you can't just export the db.

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2013 :  04:09:44  Show Profile

I finally figured that out. My hosting is moving me to another server so naturally I would want a backup of the database but they aren't providing me with a means of accomplishing that. I guess I am just going to have to trust them but I can tell they really don't know what they are doing.

Thank you so much for taking time to reply, Huw.

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can." - John Wesley
Go to Top of Page

Mr Pink

United Kingdom
387 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2013 :  04:03:46  Show Profile  Visit Mr Pink's Homepage  Send Mr Pink an AOL message
Why don't you download the content of each table to your PC? Microsoft have something called DTSwizard that should enable you to do it.

Martin
Leyland Forum Leyland Lancashire UK
Go to Top of Page

MaGraham

USA
1297 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2013 :  13:07:23  Show Profile

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Pink

Why don't you download the content of each table to your PC? Microsoft have something called DTSwizard that should enable you to do it.

Well this sounds interesting! I will definitely check this out.

Thank you so much!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07