New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SmoTh
Starting Member

Denmark
3 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2010 :  20:50:22  Show Profile
I need to remove the email requirement upon sign up. I don't really know where to begin with this. I guess I could look though all the documents looking for the specific code but I find it a lot easier to ask here first.

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2010 :  04:29:12  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
just go into admin options and turn off email mode. However I would suggest only doing this if your forum is on an intranet I would not disable email mode on a public website, you will just get inundated with bogus registration whose only purpose is to spam your forums

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

SmoTh
Starting Member

Denmark
3 Posts

Posted - 28 September 2010 :  14:32:09  Show Profile
It is a guild alliance forum and there for only people who is a member of the guilds in the alliance is allowed in. This is also why I need to know the place where the code is located 'cause instead of email I will have account id and guild tag.

Every new registry will also have to be approved by the admins

Oh and thanks for the reply

Edited by - SmoTh on 28 September 2010 14:38:55
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 29 September 2010 :  12:33:12  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
I'm not sure this is possible without a lot of customisation. I'm not currently at home so don't have access to the code until I get home next week so unfortunately can't offer you any pointers at the moment.

MVC .net dev/test site | MVC .net running on Raspberry Pi
Go to Top of Page

bobdsw

United States
62 Posts

Posted - 29 September 2010 :  13:06:43  Show Profile  Visit bobdsw's Homepage
We did something similar for a pool league where they had a database of members with player numbers, emails, etc. They would come to the site to 'claim their account.'

We set up registration to require their player number and when they registered it cross referenced that and other fields to a table that held all the info from their office database. This way we could verify ID and create an account if it matched and be sure we're giving the right person access.

We still required email address and sent them an email to activate the account. Doing it this way allowed registration to be automated as if it was an open forum, so an admin didnt have to keep reviewing an approving people. This helped the league keep their records up to date too. I'm not sure if this fits exactly with your requirements but it is possible and it is a lot of customization. It works great too, because spam registration is impossible. It's just a suggestion, but I offer it because turning off email, and having an admin approve everything aren't good ideas if the group is large or expected to grow, IMHO.

Phoenix! - Ful site integration, CSS driven & XHTML compliant, MooTools, TinyMCE editor for posts & custom content management, , Visual Theme Designer, custom menus & pages, member galleries with ASP JPeg and ASPResize, ASP WordPress style Blog, web friends, FaceBook, Twitter & other social-sharing integration, ReCaptcha & Anti-Spam Registration...and much more.
Go to Top of Page

SmoTh
Starting Member

Denmark
3 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2010 :  05:06:47  Show Profile
I still need help with this please.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2010 :  06:42:10  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
I really think you shouldn't remove the email address, as so much code throughout the forum uses it. Surely all your members have email addresses. What you will eventually need is to add new fields for the tag and id. Have you tried the search feature for posts about adding fields to the member profile?

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07