Help: Database: MySql
 CREATE TABLE
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goofyguy620

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2010 :  11:36:22  Show Profile  Send goofyguy620 a Yahoo! Message
Hi,

I'm at the point now need to create the table for the database before I can set the ADMIN USERNAME/PASSWORD, but can anyone help me what kind of "table" am I suppose to create cause I am totally lost? Would it be personal info such LAST,FIRST NAME, ADDRESS and etc OR tables should be CATEGORIES such GENERALD HELP, DATABASE MYSQL HELP, HELP MOD and etc.

Please Advice,
Thanks,
Jimmy

Jimmy

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2010 :  12:31:33  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
The code creates the tables, you just need to create the database. Better have a look at the readme file.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

goofyguy620

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2010 :  13:48:37  Show Profile  Send goofyguy620 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ruirib,

good, I got this part, however, I am using PHPmyAdmin to create the database name. I created a new database name called "myforum" but now it ask me for "number of fields"? the readme didn't say, can you tell me how many number of fields should I put for?

Please advice
Thanks,
Jimmy

Jimmy

Edited by - goofyguy620 on 14 March 2010 13:50:20
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2010 :  15:10:10  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
I never used phpmyadmin to create MySQL tables, but the questions seems weird and actually doesn't make any sense. Has the database been created already? If so, just skip the question and run the snitz setup.asp file.

Go to Top of Page

goofyguy620

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2010 :  17:32:22  Show Profile  Send goofyguy620 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ruirib,

Well, I created the database name using my own, I also set for 50 fields, because it require some kind of number so i put 50 anyway. I click go , no errors but no option to choose where I want the database at. I ran the SETUP.ASP from the browser. Now this is what it came back for the result (I copy and pasted what it say it RED). now what should I do? how can I start or what link for me to put to pop up the forum?

However, the database name I created for the table, does it have to be the same database name that was assigned to for me by my hosting?

Also, can I RUN the SETUP.ASP again if I have to do a new database or rename for some reason?

Forum setup has been completed.

Congratulations!!
The forum setup has been completed successfully.
You can now start using Snitz Forums 2000.

If you have questions or remarks you can visit us at: http://forum.snitz.com

You can also post the address of your forum there
so others can come and visit you.

Click here to go to the forum.
Upgrade the database.
(shouldn't be needed for this database!)
Create the database tables.
(shouldn't be needed for this database!)

Please help,
Thanks,

Jimmy

Edited by - goofyguy620 on 14 March 2010 17:37:10
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2010 :  19:04:14  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
If for any reason you need to use a different database, just change config.asp with the details of the new database and run setup.asp again.

Go to Top of Page

goofyguy620

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2010 :  19:39:16  Show Profile  Send goofyguy620 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ruirib,

Thank you for all your help and advice. I now at the point changing the different config for my forum in the Administrative Functions: Forum Feature Configuration: and Other Configuration Options and Features:

I think is good for now got me where I need as least! I'm sure will need more help later..

Thank you so much for helping,
Jimmy

Jimmy
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2010 :  20:03:27  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
You're welcome .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07