Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lsurebel4
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2010 :  22:32:16  Show Profile  Visit lsurebel4's Homepage
Got a question.

I have a forum that has been up and running for 5 years and is rock solid. Can't ask for more.

I just set up another site, and all is perfect except one thing. Email from one user to another user inside the forum does not work. It throw Error:500 Internal Server Error.

Activation email works fine, and the Admin account that it is setup with works fine. but my users can't email one another inside the forum

I was reading about GODADDY drama. I have my new site on a GODADDY server. What do I need to do to allow users to relay emails through a godaddy hosting account? I have looked over the code a million times, and I don't see it. Server is CDOSYS with IIS7

Thanks Everyone

I hate Work!

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2010 :  06:18:45  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage
What do you have in the email server address? It should be:

relay-hosting.secureserver.net

Mangione Magic Forum - The Music of Chuck Mangione

My Mods: Googiespell MOD | Link To Reply MOD | Petition MOD | Contact Page MOD | Share This Topic MOD | MP3 MOD | PageEar MOD | Google Viewer MOD
Go to Top of Page

lsurebel4
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2010 :  12:43:26  Show Profile  Visit lsurebel4's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by leatherlips

What do you have in the email server address? It should be:

relay-hosting.secureserver.net

That is what I have. Is there any issues with multiple people relaying through the SMTP host?

I hate Work!
Go to Top of Page

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2010 :  16:27:59  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage
I don't have any issues with emails going out. My only problem is that since Godaddy changed some things on their end my newsletter never gets sent out.

My Mods: Googiespell MOD | Link To Reply MOD | Petition MOD | Contact Page MOD | Share This Topic MOD | MP3 MOD | PageEar MOD | Google Viewer MOD
Go to Top of Page

lsurebel4
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2010 :  08:40:32  Show Profile  Visit lsurebel4's Homepage
Ok, I am almost over it. leatherlips, can you post your code from your mail_inc.asp

Email verification works fine, My Admin account emails fine. User to user does not work. It says 500-Internal Server error. I purchased 250 relays from godaddy, but I still got nothing. If you got it to work, could you share your config please? And the config in the admin portal? Thanks!

I hate Work!
Go to Top of Page

lsurebel4
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2010 :  12:15:26  Show Profile  Visit lsurebel4's Homepage
I must have something else going wrong. I have signed up for google hosted email. I have this exact same setup on another Snitz forum,and I am getting the same error. What pages, other than the inc_mail.asp and the config in the admin portal control email??? Any help from anyone, I got a hot forum, and the folks wants internal email, and I suck!

I hate Work!
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2010 :  14:36:36  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
none, all the email is done through inc_mail and with the settings under admin config screens
Go to Top of Page

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2010 :  15:55:02  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage
Here is a screenshot of my email configuration:

I seem to remember that I needed to set up an email account using my domain name and using that as my administrator email address. Have you done that? If not, you may want to create something like admin @ yourdomain.com and then use that as your forum admin email address.

Edited by - leatherlips on 05 March 2010 15:55:41
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07