New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

janaf
Starting Member

Sweden
19 Posts

Posted - 05 November 2006 :  05:34:23  Show Profile

All the junk posters and automated memebership registrations done by these junkies is becoming a real problem . On my site, about 75% of the newly registerd members are fake / have no interest in the site but spamming. This increases workload, as I have to check up new members. So I suggest a new topic here, to make the subject easier to grip.

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 05 November 2006 :  06:28:23  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
There are a couple mods that allow you to manage that a bit more easily. Check for mods made by Podge in the mod W/Code section.

Currently we are experiencing the same problem. A large majority of new registrations are spammers. They are easy to spot, but it takes some work to do it.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20577 Posts

Posted - 05 November 2006 :  07:38:51  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
and as long as you have a forum and allow people to register there is nothing much you can do other than work to control it, there is no quick fix, just a few ways to keep it down, the easisest is to enable email validation since most use bogus email adresses, you can also add your own hidden form field to the registration page that you check fo, this will stop automated/screen reading bots from registerring since they won't know about the hidden form field.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07