Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jamie1984
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2005 :  17:50:25  Show Profile
hi

wonder if anyone could help me. i have been tasked with modding a snitz forum which has been previously implemented by another developer, so this is the first time ive ever used snitz and looked at the code.

basically i have two categories
each with a forum

e.g.

CAT A NEW
FORUM A

CAT A CLOSED
FORUM A

users create a new topic in under CAT A NEW, FORUM A
e.g. topic is QUESTION 1.

I want the ability to be able to archive the TOPIC into the CLOSED category and send an email to subscribers. i.e.it dissapears from the NEW cat.

Am I asking to much, is it possible?

any advice for a newbie appreciated.

thanks.

gelliott

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2005 :  18:24:12  Show Profile
If I am understanding you correctly, no mod is required.

When you are ready to consider a topic closed, edit the initial topic (not the replies but the original question), and change the forum it resides in to the one in the closed category. Then, reply to that question with a simple statement such as "question answered, topic closed". What you say in the reply doesn't matter - the fact that you replied would trigger the subscription emails to go out, and when people came to read the latest post, they'll see from your reply that the answer has been considered complete and finished.

You might also find it helpful to lock the closed forum, to prevent further replies to topics in that forum.

* The optimist says the cup is half full. The pessimist says it's half empty. But the engineer knows the truth - the cup's design is incorrectly sized.
Go to Top of Page

jamie1984
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2005 :  18:33:19  Show Profile
thanks a lot for that. - taken a lot of pressure off me. appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

gelliott

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 07 July 2005 :  19:02:41  Show Profile
we're always glad to help!

* The optimist says the cup is half full. The pessimist says it's half empty. But the engineer knows the truth - the cup's design is incorrectly sized.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07