New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Veign
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  11:20:39  Show Profile  Visit Veign's Homepage
There was a thread a time back about sub-forums and I was wondering if anyone is working on this or would be interested in working on it. I don't have alot of time but would be willing to work with someone on getting this mod completed.

I emailed the person you had developed some code but had never received any answers back on it. It would be nice to have a starting point.

Anyone?

Chris
www.Veign.com

serritzlev

Denmark
291 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  14:04:39  Show Profile  Visit serritzlev's Homepage
welcome to the club, that members is one of that bad members there only want to see her nick name in this forums, sorry there is lot of members there write lot of anser whitout this have no content there can help that members about there trubles, mybi i have misunderstan somthing here at snitz forums if members not are programers else familar to programing they dont post here to get help to any trubles, this boards is fore the exclusive top of programers.

Okay i have done this anser to you becourse i have send lot of email to that members or never get anser from him, but it is okay white me he can take her as or play white her SNOW BOARDS/SCOTERS and hope there never commes spring/sumere there where he living.

And i am not a member to the exclusive top or never be that, only a stupid fools there can se snitz is dying becourse this have to be fore the few exclusive members at the top.

Go to Top of Page

Veign
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  14:40:14  Show Profile  Visit Veign's Homepage
Well, I hope either someone has a good starting point for the mod or has alot of interest in getting this mod developed. I am a very strong ASP programmer but just doesn't have alot of time..

Chris Hanscom
Microsoft MVP
www.Veign.com

Edited by - Veign on 23 May 2005 21:16:36
Go to Top of Page

MarcelG
Retired Support Moderator

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  14:59:06  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by serritzlev

welcome to the club, that members is one of that bad members there only want to see her nick name in this forums, sorry there is lot of members there write lot of anser whitout this have no content there can help that members about there trubles, mybi i have misunderstan somthing here at snitz forums if members not are programers else familar to programing they dont post here to get help to any trubles, this boards is fore the exclusive top of programers.

Okay i have done this anser to you becourse i have send lot of email to that members or never get anser from him, but it is okay white me he can take her as or play white her SNOW BOARDS/SCOTERS and hope there never commes spring/sumere there where he living.

And i am not a member to the exclusive top or never be that, only a stupid fools there can se snitz is dying becourse this have to be fore the few exclusive members at the top.
Was this really necessary ? This is not a very nice way to express the way you're feeling about certain Snitz members. I surely think you could have posted the same message in a different - more mature way.
I agree with you that replying to e-mails is the least one can do, but please don't judge someone for this in the harsh way you just did.

Some people simply have other priorities in their everyday life, which can be either (paid) work, a marriage, school, children, etc etc. There's more than just the online life for many of the active developers, not just here at Snitz.

We can be glad that there still ís an active community here with members willing to dig into problems and willing to take up the challenge of building things for other members without being paid for it in any way. CrashCode and GML Code have 'died' already, Image Forums isn't thát active either, and the SHN community has been diminished also ; Snitz is still there.

So instead of 'bashing' the other members and spreading negative energy please contribute positive energy to the community.
Try to put yourself in the other person's place.

That's all I'm asking...

Veign ; indeed there's been some work on that mod. I'm not sure whether or not sr_erick has released a béta version. I'll check with him when I see him online.

portfolio - linkshrinker - oxle - twitter
Go to Top of Page

Veign
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2005 :  21:23:34  Show Profile  Visit Veign's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by marcelgoertz

Veign ; indeed there's been some work on that mod. I'm not sure whether or not sr_erick has released a béta version. I'll check with him when I see him online.

Thanx. I would love to get what been done so far and offer my time to get the mod closer to a released version.

Chris Hanscom
Microsoft MVP
www.Veign.com
Go to Top of Page

ElPazzo

Austria
116 Posts

Posted - 20 June 2005 :  11:13:05  Show Profile  Visit ElPazzo's Homepage
Hi,

serritzlev, talking about me? cos i posted a thread about subforums in the help section...

well if you sent me some mails or posts, i never got them sorry... and i do not want to see my nick in the forum. i really wanted some help to my answers... even if i couldn´t get it for all my questions.

and marcelgoertz is right that i have some more important points to do before i can have a view to the forum every day. i run the forum on my hp for fun and am not very good at programming yet, so that i could solve the probs myself... but i want to learn asp by myself...

so maybe i'll be good enough to go on programming by myself and offer some mods in here.

- maybe i got some beginnings for this project... i just talked to a friend who is programmer but not for asp... he meant that the best way would be to give fixed ids to the categories, and all categorieds together in the same structure...

cu,
pascal

www.pet-needs.com
www.pet-needs.com/forum
www.pet-needs.de
www.translating-it.com

Edited by - ElPazzo on 20 June 2005 11:20:16
Go to Top of Page

serritzlev

Denmark
291 Posts

Posted - 20 June 2005 :  12:49:04  Show Profile  Visit serritzlev's Homepage
My anser have nothing to do white you ElPazzo, but another members marcelgoertz now hu is only that members have i write to fore long time ago and ofcourse i dont show the name to that members.

To day i dont use snitz else images forums code anymore i have close all activity to that or if i begin again i think to somthing around xml or net codes, oh yea we have to se in the futures or not to the past.

I have delite all codes from my disk and destroy all my backup cd i have nothing back after i have spend 3 years to this codes help lot of people and nothing get back.

By By for this time.

Go to Top of Page

-gary
Development Team Member

406 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2005 :  11:13:16  Show Profile
sr_erick had written one and it's up and working on his forum. http://snowmobilefanatics.com

KawiForums.com

Go to Top of Page

MarkJH

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2005 :  11:32:57  Show Profile  Visit MarkJH's Homepage
Wow, that does look really good. Hadn't realised that he had got that far with the MOD. Erick, is the code available?

Bandlink.net - http://www.bandlink.net/
Bandlink Music Forums - http://www.bandlink.net/forum/
Go to Top of Page

rpainter

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 23 June 2005 :  12:55:21  Show Profile  Visit rpainter's Homepage
I'd be interested in that MOD also. I could streamline my forums a whole lot with that.

Rusty Painter
Learn to Cook REAL BBQ
SCBBQtalk.com
Monkey Boy's BBQ Sauce
Go to Top of Page

glinted

54 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2005 :  02:20:56  Show Profile  Visit glinted's Homepage
I would also appreciate this mod or something similar.

Any idea otherwise I have to look at using another forum software?

Coupon Savings
Go to Top of Page

MarkJH

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2005 :  02:37:06  Show Profile  Visit MarkJH's Homepage
Erick visits here but hasn't replied to this thread for one reason or another. After the comments by a certain member in here, I'm not too surprised...

Bandlink.net - http://www.bandlink.net/
Bandlink Music Forums - http://www.bandlink.net/forum/
Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2005 :  09:26:11  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
I'm sorry guys, I just don't have the ambition or time to continue developing this mod. I've got it working at my site, but only working...it's not completed by any means. I am moving away from ASP in favor of other languages, mainly ruby on rails and python. I would really like to finish for you guys but I hate making empty promisses. I will see, maybe I can do something this week. I'm pretty lost in life right now and a bit depressed for various reasons. My mood has been far from good lately. These are probably some of the contributing factors to my lack of dedecation to work on this mod.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Edited by - sr_erick on 05 July 2005 09:27:55
Go to Top of Page

Shadow69
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2005 :  13:53:21  Show Profile
ccontent removed by Admin, any more posts like this and your account will be locked

Image, we want only honest people, here! You will NEVER get back!
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2005 :  14:13:36  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Can you guys please stop with the ranting against Erick? I'll have the topic locked if I have to.

People volunteer their contributions if they want to, or if they can. Posting a mod is something serious, since the code must be correct, and one must be willing to support all kinds of users with all kinds of problems. This takes time and patience, and that is not always available.

Please respect other people's feelings, even if you disagree with them. There is no point in going on with this behavior.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

davemaxwell
Access 2000 Support Moderator

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2005 :  14:39:01  Show Profile  Visit davemaxwell's Homepage  Send davemaxwell an AOL message  Send davemaxwell an ICQ Message  Send davemaxwell a Yahoo! Message
We'll have no bashing of other members here. Please remember that this is a volunteer organization, not a paid one so what people contribute is on their own time and dime.

Dave Maxwell
Barbershop Harmony Freak
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07