Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jkmcgrath

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 09 January 2003 :  18:04:32  Show Profile  Visit jkmcgrath's Homepage
Well I dont fully understand the code but I am implementing the forum on our intranet and I started today on a clean install of snitz of documenting everything I find as far as layout goes. I started with the inc_header.asp since that is what I needed to modify first by writing the line numbers down where the logo goes, the login box, the nav function. While that seems really simple to most of you it was a help as I was getting called away from my desk then could return look at my notes and find the area in the code again.

What really needs to happen is for someone with Snitz itself to contact wrox about a book deal for their forum. Once accepted the writer would then disect it to peices and we would have what we need.

In reality, if each moderator just took one file that they were the most familar with and started with a summary of what that file did and then compile all the summaries into a single doc.

Then go back in the same fashion and go more in detail and add to the appropriate chapter (page) in the doc.

Continue in this fashion where every 2 weeks SOME info is released not the whole enchilada but bits and pieces. Since this software is always in work you cannot complete something that is not finished itself.

So if we started a catagory for Documentaion and then a forum for each file in the release the assigned moderators would be the only ones allowed to post but everyone could view it. It would then carry steam to keep it going.

A lil at a time is better than nothing! Most of what is needed the moderators all ready know I can tell by the posts they make that they have a sound knowledge of the subject matter so just oragnize it the assigned forum and before you know it Fellas we have a manual!!!!!

THanks for a great program/forum and support!
John
(there is plenty of books on ASP/Java/HTML but 0 on Mlev = 4 lets me do what?)<

Delta Force Seals
Go to Top of Page

jkmcgrath

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 09 January 2003 :  18:11:03  Show Profile  Visit jkmcgrath's Homepage
Here is a example of what I mean posted by huwr,

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25296

If someone that is knowledgeable of the concept/theroy ect of Snitz and wants to start a serious effort to get this started and going I would be more than happy to volunteer and help out in what ever way I can.

Thanks
John<

Delta Force Seals
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07