New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  12:34:02  Show Profile
Here are some guidelines to follow when posting for help with a mod you're having trouble with.

• Search first! Try searching for something related to your error. Or the name of the mod you need help with.

• Post the name of the MOD that you need help with in your title. That way we can see what MOD you need help with without having to look at your post to find out what you need help with. You will get faster this way.

• Put a brief description of your error in your title. Please remember your title is more important than what you post.

• Don't put "please" or "help" in your title. Some of us look at the title of your post to see if we can help you. It will take longer for someone to respond to you if your title is less descriptive. You might get no response at all.

• Don't use ALL CAPS in your title or post. It is impolite and it means you are SHOUTING.

• Provide as much information as you can about the problem. Saying "I get error on line 212. Can someone help?" is not enough. Tell us the full error message you get, including line numbers, type of database you are using, version of forum you are using, and a link to your forum if possible.

• If there is an error in one of your forum pages, we would need to take a look at the code. Make a .txt version of the .asp file that is giving the error and post a link to it in your post.
More may be added in the near future.

Edited by - Davio on 09 August 2002 12:58:00

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  12:45:34  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
  • Don't make your title all capital letters either.
  • Go to Top of Page

dayve
    Forum Moderator

USA
    5820 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  13:04:24  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
    if I may, we had similar discussion at another forum where I moderate (DHTMLCentral.com) and this is what we have developed for our Read Before You Post info. I think it is quite good.

http://www.dhtmlcentral.com/forums/howto.asp

Edited by - dayve on 09 August 2002 13:04:34
    Go to Top of Page

Roland
    Advanced Member

Netherlands
    9335 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  13:30:34  Show Profile
    That looks great. I think it'd be useful to make something like that for these forums, and then a post with a summary that can be made sticky in the help: general/current version forum.

quote:
    Thou shall not cross-post ( cross-dressing; ok )

Hmmm... it's a jolly bunch there eh?
    Go to Top of Page

dayve
    Forum Moderator

USA
    5820 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  13:42:33  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
    yeah, its a great DHTML site and I've been with them for almost 3 years now although I don't focus too much on client side programming as much as I used to. It was formerly http://www.bratta.com and we were using ASP-DEV forums back then!! There is some outstanding talent there as well.
    Go to Top of Page
      Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
     New Topic  Topic Locked
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
    This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07