Standards Document
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2002 :  15:57:59  Show Profile
<< I didn't look back through all the topics here so I apologize if this is redundant >>

Something to consider, is a standards document. I've been looking through some open source PHP projects the past couple of months and I'm impressed with how some of them organize their projects. One thing I like is that a few of them had a "STANDARDS" document which defined coding standards for the project.

Example of one:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/tep/catalog/STANDARD?rev=1.5&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I know that each of us has our own way of coding and doing things, but for a project of this size and used by so many people, I think it would be a good thing to get people to follow some standard.

<

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2002 :  16:14:32  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
This was discussed in a topic in the internationalization forum a while back. And I agree, at liest for the base code, there should be some sort of set standard.

Nathan Bales - Romans 15:13
----------------------------------

Snitz Exchange | Do's and Dont's
<
Go to Top of Page

Porkstone
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2002 :  10:25:21  Show Profile  Visit Porkstone's Homepage
This seems like a sensible suggestion.

If the project is to be a long term success that attracts lots more 'free' time from developers then this type of resource would be really useful.
<
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07