Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: General / Classic ASP versions(v3.4.XX)
 Dusting off a 3.4.07 and tinkering with Windows 10

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Etymon Posted - 15 September 2019 : 09:00:21
I am rusty at Snitz. It's been a long while.

Does anyone know how to get the classic Snitz up and running on a Windows 10 machine? I have IIS installed as well as SQL Server 2012.

I have the .asp files rendering, but, of all things, I am having difficulty getting my connection string up and running. Probably a permissions thing. I don't know though.

Thoughts?

Thank you!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Etymon Posted - 28 October 2019 : 08:51:34
Thanks Davio!
Davio Posted - 22 October 2019 : 06:13:24
Yeah, I remember I had to do this to get a copy of Snitz working on Windows 10. Glad to you figured it out.
Etymon Posted - 16 September 2019 : 01:43:53
Just in case that page gets lost some day ... here are the instructions I used:

Working with 64-bit Systems

Unfortunately there are no 64-bit ODBC drivers, so on 64-bit systems you will have to run your applications in 32-bit mode. To do so, use the following steps:

On the taskbar, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
In the Connections pane, click Application Pools.
Highlight the application pool for your application, then click Advanced Settings... in the Actions pane.
In the Advanced Settings dialog, specify True for Enable 32-Bit Applications.
Click OK to close the Advanced Settings dialog.

Note: The 64-bit control panel applet for managing ODBC connections will not display 32-bit ODBC drivers. To work around this issue, you need to open the 32-bit ODBC applet. To do so, use the following steps:

Click Start and then Run, or open a command prompt.

Enter the following command:

%windir%\syswow64\odbcad32.exe

Press the enter key.
Etymon Posted - 16 September 2019 : 01:41:45
OK. guys, I found my primary blockage. I am running a 64-bit OS, and I needed to run my IIS site as a 32-bit application in the Application Pools section for my site. Here is the fix for that ... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/application-frameworks/running-classic-asp-applications-on-iis-7-and-iis-8/using-classic-asp-with-microsoft-access-databases-on-iis#working-with-64-bit-systems

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07