Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Font size

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Webbo Posted - 24 November 2016 : 03:28:42
It's often reported that the Default font size makes for hard reading on mobile devices when set at 'size 2' (font size 10).

Size 2 displays best on desktop PC's and laptops but is too small when viewed n phone browsers.

Removing the font size and setting it to 'none(blank)' in admin_config_colors.asp allows the user's browser to set the font size according to it's default setting which makes for better reading on mobile devices however sets the font size too large on desktop PC's and laptops

Is it possible to add some code that sets the font size according to what the user is viewing the forum with?

Ie code detects desktop PC/laptop and displays fonts size as 'size 2'
Code detects a mobile browser so sets font size as 'none (blank)' ?

And if so could someone show me how/

Thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Webbo Posted - 28 November 2016 : 15:46:22
It did work of sorts but then caused issues with some browsers not recognising the font sizes and defaulting to large, also it tended to cram everything over the left side of the browser window for some reason

More work required as and when I get the time
HuwR Posted - 28 November 2016 : 09:42:05
That should do it Webbo, I used similar code here to redirect mobile users to the mvc version

dim u,b,v
set u=Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")
set b=new RegExp
set v=new RegExp
b.Pattern="(android|bb\d+|meego).+mobile|avantgo|bada\/|blackberry|blazer|compal|elaine|fennec|hiptop|iemobile|ip(hone|od)|iris|kindle|lge |maemo|midp|mmp|netfront|opera m(ob|in)i|palm( os)?|phone|p(ixi|re)\/|plucker|pocket|psp|series(4|6)0|symbian|treo|up\.(browser|link)|vodafone|wap|windows (ce|phone)|xda|xiino|android|ipad|playbook|silk"
v.Pattern="1207|6310|6590|3gso|4thp|50[1-6]i|770s|802s|a wa|abac|ac(er|oo|s\-)|ai(ko|rn)|al(av|ca|co)|amoi|an(ex|ny|yw)|aptu|ar(ch|go)|as(te|us)|attw|au(di|\-m|r |s )|avan|be(ck|ll|nq)|bi(lb|rd)|bl(ac|az)|br(e|v)w|bumb|bw\-(n|u)|c55\/|capi|ccwa|cdm\-|cell|chtm|cldc|cmd\-|co(mp|nd)|craw|da(it|ll|ng)|dbte|dc\-s|devi|dica|dmob|do(c|p)o|ds(12|\-d)|el(49|ai)|em(l2|ul)|er(ic|k0)|esl8|ez([4-7]0|os|wa|ze)|fetc|fly(\-|_)|g1 u|g560|gene|gf\-5|g\-mo|go(\.w|od)|gr(ad|un)|haie|hcit|hd\-(m|p|t)|hei\-|hi(pt|ta)|hp( i|ip)|hs\-c|ht(c(\-| |_|a|g|p|s|t)|tp)|hu(aw|tc)|i\-(20|go|ma)|i230|iac( |\-|\/)|ibro|idea|ig01|ikom|im1k|inno|ipaq|iris|ja(t|v)a|jbro|jemu|jigs|kddi|keji|kgt( |\/)|klon|kpt |kwc\-|kyo(c|k)|le(no|xi)|lg( g|\/(k|l|u)|50|54|\-[a-w])|libw|lynx|m1\-w|m3ga|m50\/|ma(te|ui|xo)|mc(01|21|ca)|m\-cr|me(rc|ri)|mi(o8|oa|ts)|mmef|mo(01|02|bi|de|do|t(\-| |o|v)|zz)|mt(50|p1|v )|mwbp|mywa|n10[0-2]|n20[2-3]|n30(0|2)|n50(0|2|5)|n7(0(0|1)|10)|ne((c|m)\-|on|tf|wf|wg|wt)|nok(6|i)|nzph|o2im|op(ti|wv)|oran|owg1|p800|pan(a|d|t)|pdxg|pg( 13|\-([1-8]|c))|phil|pire|pl(ay|uc)|pn\-2|po(ck|rt|se)|prox|psio|pt\-g|qa\-a|qc(07|12|21|32|60|\-[2-7]|i\-)|qtek|r380|r600|raks|rim9|ro(ve|zo)|s55\/|sa(ge|ma|mm|ms|ny|va)|sc(01|h\-|oo|p\-)|sdk\/|se(c(\-|0|1)|47|mc|nd|ri)|sgh\-|shar|sie(\-|m)|sk\-0|sl(45|id)|sm(al|ar|b3|it|t5)|so(ft|ny)|sp(01|h\-|v\-|v )|sy(01|mb)|t2(18|50)|t6(00|10|18)|ta(gt|lk)|tcl\-|tdg\-|tel(i|m)|tim\-|t\-mo|to(pl|sh)|ts(70|m\-|m3|m5)|tx\-9|up(\.b|g1|si)|utst|v400|v750|veri|vi(rg|te)|vk(40|5[0-3]|\-v)|vm40|voda|vulc|vx(52|53|60|61|70|80|81|83|85|98)|w3c(\-| )|webc|whit|wi(g |nc|nw)|wmlb|wonu|x700|yas\-|your|zeto|zte\-"
b.IgnoreCase=true
v.IgnoreCase=true
b.Global=true
v.Global=true
if b.test(u) or v.test(Left(u,4)) then response.redirect("http://forum.snitz.com/mvc") end if
Webbo Posted - 27 November 2016 : 17:54:23
I've got it working as such using Regex...

Placed in inc_header.asp

after ...
if Application(strCookieURL & "down") then
   if not Instr(strScriptName,"admin_") > 0 then
      Response.redirect("down.asp")
   end if
end if

insert:
Set Regex = New RegExp
With Regex
.Pattern = "(Android|Avantgo|Bada|BlackBerry|Blazer|Compal|Dolfin|Dolphin|Elaine|en-ph|Fennec|Hiptop|(hpw|web)OS|iP(hone|od|ad)|Iris|Kindle|LGE|Maemo|midp|Minimo|mmp|Mobile|NetFront|Opera M(obi|ini)|Palm|pda|Plucker|Pocket|PSP|Samsung|Silk-Accelerated|Skyfire|smartphone|symbian|Treo|up.browser|up.link|Vodafone|wap|windows ce|XDA|Xiino|Zune)"
.IgnoreCase = True
.Global = True
End With
If Regex.Test(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")) Then
strDefaultFontSize = "6"
End If
If Regex.Test(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT")) Then
strFooterFontSize = "5"
End If

This increases the size of the text at the top of the forum (menu), the date info on posts, and also the titles and post content

It's still in the testing stages though so any feedback would be appreciated

HuwR Posted - 24 November 2016 : 13:41:48
Yes it should be possible, but not that simple. It is not something I have done before so will see if I can come up with anything for you.

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07