Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Fly to the top instead of jumping

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
balexandre Posted - 21 October 2007 : 07:01:53
I like to share this you you.

I implemented this to my Forum at www.ga-paneuropean.com (just go to the bottom of the page and click the "Go to Top" arrow...)

instead of jumping instantaneously to the top, the user will be scrolling the page... really nice effect (at least that's what I thought when I saw it)

to implement such effect all you need to do is TWO things

copy the 2 javascript files found in www.dezinerfolio.com/2007/08/08/df- -smooth-scroll/" target="_blank">dezinerfolio.com website (www.dezinerfolio.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-downloadMonitor/download.php?id=16" target="_blank">the code can be downloaded directly from here) to your Forum (or JS) folder

add this line to inc_header.asp above line 234 (original 3.4.06 files)

Response.Write	"<script src=""js/smooth.pack.js"" type=""text/javascript""></script>"

if you added the 2 javascript files into js folder, if you added to the main folder where every file are, just erase the js/

hope it brings a little happinesses to someone<
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Todd Posted - 13 August 2008 : 22:58:19
Fixed.

Instead of replacing the line in the js file as described, I added the new line and commented out the old line. I must have had a space or something in there. I've since deleted the line I commented and actually replaced it. It was a formatting error on my part.<
Todd Posted - 13 August 2008 : 21:53:52
quote:
Originally posted by Webbo

It does cause a conflict if you have the Photo Album mod installed

I also have the Photo Album Mod installed. After installing this smooth scrolling mod I did update it with the code posted in this thread because I experienced issues with the Proeders File Upload mod. That did indeed fix the problem with Proeders.

I was just browsing the Photo Album Mod and find that when clicking on a photo it no longer pops up in an enlarged window. I haven't tried to upload into the photo album, so I don't know if that might be an issue also. (Just checked with the code in place, not an issue, I can upload into the album just fine, it's only affecting the enlarged photo pop up window).

When I comment out the call for the js file in the inc_header.asp file the popups for the photo album operate correctly again. The links in the photo album mod which produce the pop up window also end with a #, example below.

http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=Main+Album&mid=831&cid=9#

Any ideas?<
leatherlips Posted - 29 March 2008 : 08:12:01
Temper, temper.

Well for some reason when I go to your site and use Firefox and click on Register it goes past the heading. My Firefox is "straight out of the box". No big deal. Nothing to get mad over.<
balexandre Posted - 29 March 2008 : 01:46:40
that's your browser/computer/whatever configuration then!

here, using :
- Safari 3.0.4 (523.15)
- Firefox 2.0.0.13
- IE 7.0.5730.11
- Opera 9.26 (build 8835)

All perform the same thing after clicking the question "Do I have to register?" on Snitz FAQ, as you can see by the image below!

<
leatherlips Posted - 28 March 2008 : 17:16:22
I just noticed that on the Snitz FAQ page, in Firefox, clicking the questions to go to the answers goes a little past the heading for that answer. In IE7 it works fine. Is there a way to fix that?<
balexandre Posted - 24 March 2008 : 03:18:28
if the code it's all messed up, how can I help?

use this as a testing page for the script<
leatherlips Posted - 23 March 2008 : 19:40:12
quote:
Originally posted by balexandre

how can you blame a script if you can't do proper code???

1st of all you dont even have a document type on the page!
2nd of all... do you validate your pages through standards? try this!

and by the way... did you ever read about CSS?

I don't doubt the code. I'm certain it is something I am doing wrong, but I just don't know exactly what it is. I'm an amateur at best.<
balexandre Posted - 23 March 2008 : 14:01:55
how can you blame a script if you can't do proper code???

1st of all you dont even have a document type on the page!
2nd of all... do you validate your pages through standards? try this!

and by the way... did you ever read about CSS? <
leatherlips Posted - 23 March 2008 : 12:59:16
I'm still trying to use this in my main site. All works well except in Firefox. On my page where I am testing it, I have an anchor link in the middle of the page. With Firefox, it goes to one line past the link.

Here is the page I am talking about:

Click Here

If you click on Liner Notes it will take you one line past the liner note header. In IE and Safari, it takes you right to the header as it should. Any ideas why this does not work in Firefox on my page?<
leatherlips Posted - 22 March 2008 : 21:32:40
I figured it out. At least what I did worked. Not sure if it is the best way or not...

In the header of my html pages, I inserted this:

<a name="top"></a>

So now the whole thing in my header is this:

script type="text/javascript" src="smooth.pack.js"></script>
<a name="top"></a>

Of course the path to the smooth.pack.js file needs to be altered for your own site if needed.

<
leatherlips Posted - 22 March 2008 : 19:38:13
I'd like to apply this to the rest of my site, not just the forum. How do I do that? I tried adding this to the head but it is not working:

<script type="text/javascript" src="smooth.pack.js"></script>

I originally made my back to top links in html by going to #top. Do I need to change those to something else?<
leatherlips Posted - 22 March 2008 : 15:07:38
Thanks. I actually did a different way. I added the site integration mod a long time ago. Instead of adding the code to the inc_header.asp file, I added it to the header file that came with that mod. It works well!<
balexandre Posted - 22 March 2008 : 14:46:10
it's easy...

download the forum and see the file

but to make it simple, it's below all the javascript include files that you find, right before the <body> tag

<
leatherlips Posted - 22 March 2008 : 12:24:10
My inc_header is very modified. Can someone tell me where I am supposed to add the line for this mod? What should it be before or after? My line 234 is not the same as an unmodified inc_header. Thanks.<
balexandre Posted - 05 March 2008 : 09:35:23
<

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07