Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Old MODs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Etymon Posted - 30 June 2021 : 19:05:17
Years ago, I became a member of these forums right about the time that was after something called, I think it was, the "Snitz Exchange" had crashed. It was back in the Snitz 3.3.05 version area (maybe before) and before SnitzBitz came into existence.

At the time, I was scouring the Forums to find any code I could learn on because coding was really a new thing for me.

As it was, I came across some MODs that even now are not listed on SnitzBitz. They are pretty old code and correlate better with the version Snitz that preceded the Response.Write version that we now have in Snitz ("Classic" version).

I'll try to get around to listing the titles to the MODs I have.

Snitz, to me, was always about learning how to code, and the forum was the practice for it that could be used in real world applications. So I want to post the titles to the older MODs I have for learning purposes because I realize that they are for learning and not for other purposes in particular other than for folks to use them at their own risk.

I'll try to gather up those titles over time.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Etymon Posted - 01 July 2021 : 02:13:02
Sent the files to you, Carefree! Thanks for the help! I look forward to see what you can do with it too.
Etymon Posted - 30 June 2021 : 23:58:47
Also, for the Kal Corp MOD, you can see by the set up notation it was for the original FORUM_CONFIG table and not the FORUM_CONFIG_NEW table back in February 2001
Etymon Posted - 30 June 2021 : 23:48:50
Here is a MOD from Kal Corp that I am looking to install on one of my forums here soon. I was hunting up the code and found it in my MOD stash. Apparently, it was slated to go into the base code but didn't for some reason. Perhaps, the "Reload" on the "Active Topics" took its place.

Mod Name: Active Topic Reminder
Displays a reminder that there are new Active topics. Will only come up once per session if there is a active message.

Completed - Waiting to be added to Final code
Needs database update to be added to Setup.asp
Etymon Posted - 30 June 2021 : 23:46:46
For sure ... I think several of the old MODs seem to be variations of the MODs that were current in the time. Still, it is pretty cool to see some of the old yet familiar user names the coders had back then. Brings back a lot of memories for me it does.
Carefree Posted - 30 June 2021 : 20:46:13
I had some of those once upon a time, but eventually discarded the ones which weren't compatible with the 3.4 release. Those which I could modify and make work don't look much like the original code any more.

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07