Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Facebook Module

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
balexandre Posted - 12 May 2010 : 05:23:47
Hi,

I'm going to start this but I wanted firstly to know if anyone did something regarding Facebook?

What I will do is:

first version: Snitz -> Facebook Group page only

• for each topic posted, the topic name will be added to the Facebook Group page with only the link to

• for each event posted, the same will happen

second version: Snitz -> Facebook Group page <- Snitz

• same as above

• for reply to a message in Facebook, Snitz will have the reply in the forum

My idea is firstly the 1st version, so the Group can have "voice" in Facebook world, but to read more they need to jump to the forum (or the forum would start not to make any sense)

Any thoughts?

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
balexandre Posted - 10 August 2010 : 05:43:03
I had Country Restrictions

:)

Only people in PORTUGAL could see it (or me, as I'm the admin)

now you can see it.

P.S. give JING a try to your screencasts / upload images, you can use their own hosting for free or set your website to host it, like I do. Available for Windows and Mac (though, on a Mac, there are much better choices)
leatherlips Posted - 09 August 2010 : 14:50:31
I made a screencast to show you. You can see it here:

http://drop.io/facebookmod/asset/screencast-flv

(Above link will expire in 1 month)
balexandre Posted - 09 August 2010 : 12:48:41
quote:
When I click on your Facebook link above it takes me to their homepage. It does this regardless if I am logged in or not to my Facebook account. Is there any other way to view what this mod does?

r u sure? ... I'm taken to the page... weird!

leatherlips Posted - 08 August 2010 : 15:34:41
quote:
Originally posted by balexandre

This gives much more work that I original thought it would.

So I ended up using the Facebook NOTES to add the RSS Feed of the Forum, using my Multiple Feed I could easily set up a new feed to show only topics.

Facebook page of my form "GAPE"

When I click on your Facebook link above it takes me to their homepage. It does this regardless if I am logged in or not to my Facebook account. Is there any other way to view what this mod does?
pierretopping Posted - 08 August 2010 : 15:02:43
Nice Work :o)
balexandre Posted - 07 August 2010 : 11:32:59
and by the way... for twitter posting I used the RSS as well with the http://twitterfeed.com free service

They offer plenty of options and works great

and it shows like things on Twitter

balexandre Posted - 07 August 2010 : 11:09:53
This gives much more work that I original thought it would.

So I ended up using the Facebook NOTES to add the RSS Feed of the Forum, using my Multiple Feed I could easily set up a new feed to show only topics.

Facebook page of my form "GAPE"
balexandre Posted - 14 May 2010 : 06:53:28
Hi HuwR,

Thanks for the link, I did search the forums, but I kept getting the timeout error every time I searched facebook in a forum :-/

Checking the link, it uses AddThis.com service, not anything manually through the API and you need to be connected to it manually, and I'm searching a way to accomplish it automatically.

Posterous is a service that I'm looking at as well so I can avoid calling Facebook API myself, but it does not do all I need...
HuwR Posted - 14 May 2010 : 06:02:47
from a quick search of the forums I came across this http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=68688 it is the only facebook related MOD I could see
balexandre Posted - 14 May 2010 : 03:28:38
well, witch leaves to thought that no one did this before and I need to do all over from scratch :-/

ohh boy!
pierretopping Posted - 13 May 2010 : 04:17:10
It would be good if you as the admin can choose/configure which forum update your facebook page :o)

Maybe also having the option to update facebook straight away, or maybe in bulk - handy if you host your own forum and want to do the update of facebook just ones a day when the broadband link is not being blasted.

Cannot wait to see it

Pierre
Davio Posted - 12 May 2010 : 12:34:04
Good luck balexandre. This Facebook integration has really been spreading amongst websites. Just 1 click and you can login with your facecbook username.
ruirib Posted - 12 May 2010 : 07:30:41
Yep, sure sounds good, Bruno.
pierretopping Posted - 12 May 2010 : 06:59:21
Hi balexandre,

Sounds like a great mod

Let me know if you need help testing. I'm running on ms-sql.

Rgds,

Pierre

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07